Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories through Loseit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I too have had the problem with my distances being either way too high or to low even after recalibrating my stride distance so I turned off the automatic exercise tracker and have been adding my exercise done to my Lose it app and have it sync to Fitbit, but I am wondering if with doing this my adjustments and cals burned from my exercise is over exaggerating my net calories. Anyone have any experience with this? or have any advice on what to do? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner, hope you're doing great! I moved your post to the Third-Party Integrations board as there are more chances for you to get an answer here to your inquiry!

Take the following into consideration to sync both apps:

• The user must be a Premium LoseIt subscriber. 
  • Fitbit sends calorie data only to LoseIt. LoseIt compares their estimate to the user's calorie burn from Fitbit and adjusts the user's calorie goal
  • Aria measurements will sync from Fitbit to LoseIt

What syncs?

Fitbit > Calories > Loseit

Fitbit > Aria measurements > Loseit

Loseit > Food > Fitbit

Moving forward to the distance inaccuracy (thanks for troubleshooting this already). Keep in mind that it's possible to get different readings if the trackers are worn in different locations (dominant vs non-dominant wrist). I'd recommend reviewing the accuracy information provided in this post

As you may know, Fitbit trackers calculate distance by multiplying your walking steps by your walking stride length and multiplying your running steps by your running stride length. By default, we calculate your stride length using your height and gender.

If you've already tracked one or more activities with the connected GPS, we evaluate that data to automatically update your running stride length. For best results, run at a comfortable pace for at least 10 minutes.

If your distance measurement seems inaccurate after double checking the above information, follow the steps below to calculate your stride length and then add it to your Fitbit account.

1. Go to a track or some place where you're sure of the distance.
  2. Count your steps as you walk across that distance, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
  3. Divide the total distance (in feet) taken by the number of steps to get your stride length.

Your running stride can be calculated the same way if you run instead of walk.

To adjust your stride lengths using the Fitbit app, tap or click the Account icon and find the Stride Length setting.

Once you've reviewed it, please try this step accuracy test:

1. Put your wrist-based tracker on your wrist or put your clip-on tracker on your hip or torso.
2. Walk 100 steps, making sure to count a step each time one of your feet hits the ground.
3. Pause, then check your tracker to see your step count.

Once this has been done, don't forget to sync right away to make those changes effective. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes! Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer