Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I import heart-rate from Strava?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I am trying to sync workouts from Strava to Fitbit. 

I managed to get it somewhat working after enabling the Strava integration and removing my Fitbit when doing the Strava workout.

The workout synced to Fitbit, but heart rate data is missing.

Searching the forums I found this link/summary from 2016: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Third-Party-Apps-Informational-Post/m-p/144...

Which states that Fitbit won’t include heart rate data from Strava.

Is this info still valid in 2022? Still not possible to get accurate chest based heart rate measurements from Strava into Fitbit?

The reason I want to do this is because the wrist based heart rate measurements are way too inaccurate, especially for high intensity workouts.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @arctic-donkey.

Thank you for your question.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services but at the moment there are no plans to import heart-rate data from third party apps. For more information, please visit this post.

@t.parker Thanks for your comment.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

As far as I am aware it is still valid.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @arctic-donkey.

Thank you for your question.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services but at the moment there are no plans to import heart-rate data from third party apps. For more information, please visit this post.

@t.parker Thanks for your comment.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Thanks for the clearification.

Given that this issue has not been fixed/implemented in the last 6 years, I take it that it won’t be anytime soon in the future either.

So what does this mean for Fitbit as a product?

- It is impossible to get accurate heart rate measurements for intervall workouts

- A direct consequence of this is that the active minutes in heart zones are wrong

- And this info feeds into the daily readyness, which also becomes incorrect…

Agree?

Best Answer

@arctic-donkey 

Totally, see also my post here on the same subject.

@EdsonFitbit since you were kind enough to answer pointing to that non planned feature request can I please highlight that the explanation provided by @LizzyFitbit is actually incorrect/not applicable because Fitbit API doesn't provide any end point to be able to import heart rate? I think the post should be revised. Unfortunately many suggestions have been closed as non planned with the same, incorrect, motivation (see this for example)and it is not possible to discuss about it because the suggestions, once closed as not planned, are also automatically blocked for further comments. Thanks a lot.

Best Answer

Thanks for your response, @arctic-donkey.

There are some factors that can affect your heart-rate reading on your Fitbit device. If you haven't done so, please follow these tips to resolve heart-rate tracking issues.

@SunsetRunner Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are workouts ( gps bike rides) on Strava synching to Fitbit?

Fitbit app says it is connected to Strava and the Strava app says it’s connected to Fitbit. But none of my workouts are showing up on Fitbit.

I have disconnected the link and reconnected the link and it still does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @OTLunch.

Thanks for your question.

For more information about what information syncs between Fitbit and Strava, please visit this post.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer