Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I manually sync an activity to Strava?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The other day one of my bike rides didn't sync to Strava. Reason(s) unknown. Subsequent rides are syncing fine. The ride in question appears on my FitBit dashboard and has no apparent issues.

Given that it now appears that it's not going to automatically sync the ride with Strava, is there any way I can share it with Strava manually via the FitBit dashboard?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey!  Not sure why fitbit isn't telling us this, but if you go to the activity, there is a little box at the top right corner with three dots.  click on that, export the file as a .tcx, then go to strava and manually upload it.  boom.  works great.  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @Tobster86.

I will be moving your thread to the Third-Party Integrations board as I think it is better suited for it.

As for manually syncing the information, it is not possible to manually do it. You could try to remove the connection between the two and then try to set it up once again. That could force the activity to sync into the other end.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried revoking and reinstating sharing between Fitbit and Strava, and it still hasn't shared. It seems unusual that one can't simply manually share individual activities out of choice.

Any way this can be escalated to developers via a bug ticket?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tobster86.

Thanks for giving that a shot.

I'll be letting the rest of the team know about this, so that it can be looked into. I would say that contacting Strava would be better in this case. Most of these integrations are developed by the third parties and not by Fitbit and thus they are the ones handling it all.

Let me know if there are any further questions. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I'll ping them.

The offending ride, if it helps, is https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/15135833110

Best Answer

Hello @Tobster86.

Please do keep me posted.

I'll be sure to try and get more details on the situation. If I get anything I'll also be posting  about it in here.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey!  Not sure why fitbit isn't telling us this, but if you go to the activity, there is a little box at the top right corner with three dots.  click on that, export the file as a .tcx, then go to strava and manually upload it.  boom.  works great.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @pitzerg.

Thanks for bringing that up. It definitely skipped my mind for some reason.

While it is not 'syncing' on the strict sense of the word, it is definitely a great to manually get those activities over to the Strava side.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks pitzerg, this has worked on this occasion, but unfortunately this is happening too regularly for this to be a long term workable solution and Fitbit seem completely disinterested in fixing the myriad of sync problems that people are reporting.

I'm getting very little ownership satisfaction out of the device, and shall be upgrading to a Garmin soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tobster86.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the matter.

According to this thread, it should be working from now on. Please do keep an eye on that and keep me posted on how it behaves from now on.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not possible because there are only .xls and CVS format to export available tcx format not available

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having a problem with a new Charge 3 syncing with Strava. I’ve reinstalled Strava, but workouts done in the meantime are not syncing. Please don’t let me regret moving from my Gatling VA3

Best Answer
0 Votes

A little more color on how I got this upload to work: 

• find the workout activity on Fitbit dashboard, e.g. Recent Exercise 
  • click on the Recent Exercise til you see the three dots upper right corner
  • Hit Export as TCX File and a little icon should appear lower left of your screen showing the downloaded file
  • Log into Strava and on an adjacent browser screen and open:  https://www.strava.com/upload/select
  • From lower left corner of Fitbit screen, drag the downloaded file to the empty gray box on the Strava screen that says Upload and Sync Your Activities
  • Hit save and it should sync right away..

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you do that on an iOS device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I do the Strava bit?

Best Answer
0 Votes