Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sync my FitBIt Blaze with MyPlate app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to determine if I can sync my Blaze with the MyPlate app I use to document my food and calorie intake. MyPlate reads my iSteps from my iphone Health but doesn't grab my steps from Blaze.

Please help!

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Your Blaze cannot sync directly with any other app than Fitbit’s own. However, you can link the Fitbit app to a number of other apps. Compatible apps are listed here. Several similar apps like MyFitnessPal, LoseIt and Weight Watchers are included, but unfortunately, MyPlate is not. Fitbit has an API that lets other apps connect to its own, so it’s up to the developers of these apps to built a link to the Fitbit app. You may want to contact the people at MyPlate and ask them why they don’t support the Fitbit app.

Also see this topic started by @MaryBiker one year ago.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
One more question. On FitBit I set a specific calorie per day goal and yet
it doesn’t seem to be utilizing it. I said I wanted to eat no more than
1255 calories per day and it continues to use a different daily goal? Also
how can I see what it has calculated as my BMR?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit doesn’t display your BMR explicitely, nor does it state what method it uses to estimate it. AFAIK, it uses the Mifflin-St. Jeor equation, which is the most commonly used for the general population. You can use this online calculator.  

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is a little late, but i have the Fitbit Alta HR and figured out a way to my Fitbit info to MyPlate. I also have an iPhone 6, with all my categories turned on in the iPhones Health app. I downloaded the Power Sync app and linked that to the Health, Fitbit is also linked in Health and Health is linked to MyPlate. I have the free version of the Power Sync so I manually sync it a few times a day, which is no problem cause I’m always checking on my Fitbit stats. It may sound like a mess but it works, I usually track my food with Fitbit but thought I’d try MyPlate. I hope this helps someone 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you very much. I’m trying MyPlate out for the first time and was bummed I couldnt sync my Fitbit so thank you again. On another note, I wish my plate actually had a pic of recommended MyPlate servings but overall so far so good.

Best Answer

Yay!! 😁

Best Answer