Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my fitbit only for HR sensor on Strava? (GPS not accurate)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I was lately having some inaccurate (or I should say totally missing) GPS data with my Fitbit Charge 2.

Example: On a 50km ride, the data only keeps 20km.

The interesting thing is that I would still get all of my elevation and HR when I look closely in the tcx file.

I first assumed that my location wouldn't be always ON. I tried to measure a ride while Strava was running as well. I assumed that this would ensure that my location is always working. Then I realized that when my Strava recorded 50km (same example as above), Fitbit still records 20km (with missing data). 

I tried different stuffs on the main settings (i.e. allow notification, allow location all the time, full battery usage) and it seems to not connect well to my phone somehow. 

I was wondering if there is any possible way to extract only the HR data and provide it to Strava or to use my Fitbit only as my HR sensor while recording an exercise on Strava.

Device: Fibit Charge 2

Mobile: Galaxy S20 w/ latest Android Version

Thank you in advance and best,

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@mtlcyclist A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the detailed information shared. 

Fitbit will sync activities recorded with GPS to Strava and Strava will sync any GPS activity recorded to Fitbit. At the moment, it's not possible to sync only heart rate data to Strava. 

In regards to the difficulty, you're experiencing with GPS, keep in mind that all devices with GPS sensors require a direct path to GPS satellites to calculate location. A weak GPS signal might affect the accuracy of your route and other activity data. Your device uses your step count to calculate distance until it finds a signal, so the total distance calculated for a workout may be slightly less accurate when GPS isn't available for the entire time.

Please try the tips on this article for GPS not working on your Fitbit device. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes