Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync Fitbit data to Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The FitBit app is not longer syncing my runs to Strava.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

My Fitbit versa will send my exercise data to the app fine. However, I have linked my strava and Runkeeper apps and they say they are connected but the data will not go across? I have disconnected and reconnected many times and have even closed my strava account and reopened another one and it’s still the same. Surely I must have a simple setting I am missing? Any help would be super. 

Best Answer

Both mine and my wife’s Fitbit app will not add or allow us to select any link. Can’t select sleep, add water, add meal. Nothing, but all of our steps and calories and other notifications are still working and syncing.

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same thing. This, on top of the fact that you have to use a phone with the versa to do GPS, just about seals my switch to Garmin. If there's a permanent fix for this issue on the versa, that would be awesome

Best Answer

My Fitbit to Strava activities haven't synced since last night, I have at least 2 new activities today that show in FB, with GPS but not appearing in Strava.  Accounts are linked.

Best Answer

FYI: Strava says this is not on their end, that fitbit would have to investigate it as Fitbit "pushes" to Strava.

Best Answer

Hallo an die Community,

ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen.

Leider wurde meine letzte Radfahrt 18.7 (wird normal bei Fitbit angezeigt außer, dass die Satellitenkarte der Strecke nicht lädt) nicht auf Strava übertragen. Hat davor immer perfekt geklappt letztes mal am 11.7. Weshalb ich glaube, dass das Problem bei Fitbit liegt und nicht bei Strava.

Ich habe schon alles erdenklich mögliche probiert, Synchronisation zwischen den Apps gelöscht und neu installiert etc., leider hat nichts geholfen.

Über Tipps und Vorschläge bin ich dankbar.

Vielen Dank schon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a 5K run and then a mile walk this AM and neither is syncing with Strava.

Best Answer

It looks like they had a big outage yesterday (https://www.fitbitstatus.com/incidents/93y4bkwknxp0) but it says it has been resolved - it is so hard to engage FB support!  I'm trying to open a case via https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US links, but I'm 62 in line!  Looks like they only take requests via message on Twitter for some reason??  Has anyone tried that?

Best Answer
Best Answer

I am presently 12th in line for Chat.  Started at 20.

Best Answer

Please reply if they open a case!  I'm #14 right now.  If they know something is wrong, posting at https://www.fitbitstatus.com/ would be great, link them to this topic too!

Best Answer

For whatever good it does, I've exactly the same issue. Sync was fine on Thursday, but today my upload to Fitbit is fine, but it hasn't found it's way to Strava. I'm running with an Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After a lot of agent chat, finally got:

Me: this sounds like a problem between fitbit and your API to Strava

Jen: I would like to share with you that, upon review, I have confirmed that our engineers are aware of the issue and working to resolve the issue.

I asked if they would please update https://www.fitbitstatus.com/ with 

Jen: As an option you may visit our community page or get back to us from time to time.Jen: As a reference, the case number is 36812280.

Best Answer

Thanks for your efforts Brian.

Are they essentially refusing to have an accurate record of their server status? Makes it hard to know if things are meant to be fixed or not.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got an error message when typing in chat on my iPad. Sitting at computer now. #21.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think it's that bad Phil - I've worked in enterprise support organizations before, and often updating things like status pages isn't as high priority as helpdesks would like it to be (generally has to be done only by management who could be off on a weekend).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that Joan! If you get through, you can try saying you think you have the same problem as case 36812280.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. Will do.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone had their strava disconnect from their fitbit for seemingly no reason? I went on a run today and recorded with my charge 4. went into my strava and saw that it was no longer connected to my fitbit. Grrrr....will my run from this morning eventually show up on my strava activity or will I have to manually upload? 

Best Answer