Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync Fitbit data to Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The FitBit app is not longer syncing my runs to Strava.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Mine is the same. Did a 10km run first time ever because i wanted to tick off a 10km run on strava, i can still manually log on strava but Fitbit asked me to remove it, until they investigate.

Best Answer

My Ionic stopped syncing to Strava for the last 2 days.   All connecting points seems to done correctly.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer

Have not Been avle to sync for 24 hours. Extremely irritating.

Best Answer

Mine has stopped syncing too. I have tried uninstalling etc but still won’t link

Best Answer

Its very annoying, tried everything you cant fix it, hopefully Fitbit fix it quickly. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

It turns out it is really easy to transfer the data manually, but you need to do it from the fitbit.com dashboard not the phone app.  Just find the activity and then in the ... menu select export.  Then in strava just upload the saved file.  Took me a couple of minutes.  

Best Answer

I'm also not been able to Sync with Strava for the past 1 week's cycling rides. Also my average speed & route map is not accurate. When will this be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic stopped syncing to strava from yesterday. Never had this before but am thinking I will ditch it and by a polar for cycling

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it’s not just me!  I do hope that fitbit fixes this soon.  I’ve had my Ionic for almost 3 years and have never had any issues.  Getting ready to go for a run now but guess it won’t be syncing to Strava !! 😣

Best Answer

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that Fitbit fix it quickly. 🤞😬🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im googling Garmins, after nearly 5 years with Fitbit this has really pissed me off. I have bought so many over the years for family and friends. Todays run was so important to be sync to Strava for me and its not the same as manually doing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have resorted to downloading the TCX file from fitbit and uploading it to strava. This works, just be patient when uploading as it looks like nothing is happening for a while. PS: you can upload multiple files at once

Best Answer

Sad to say I was also considering a Garmin.  My husband just got one and it’s quite nice. Up until yesterday my consideration was not serious because my fitbit had no issues!  I have also purchased several over the last nine years.  My one running friend switched to an Apple Watch recently because she had so many issues with fitbit. Super super frustrating 

Best Answer

Reported this to Fitbit yesterday morning UK time. They knew nothing of it and asked me to do a load of stuff I’d already done, then said nothings wrong their side and it must be Strava and to talk to Strava.

strava sent me this 

https://status.strava.com/ 

can monitor the issue, but still massively frustrating and huge time waster yesterday uninstalling and reinstalling revoking access and reinstating it, waiting an hour and all the other bits that was told to do

did manual uploads in the end to Strava which is not the one

could of saved loads of time but hey ho let’s hope it’s fixed soon 

Best Answer

I've just come off Live Chat with Fitbit and have been told I should contact Strava, because as far as Fitbit can see all is working ok at their end, although I am a little sceptical its a Strava issue, given it only seems to be impacting the Ionic and not all Fitbit devices.  Strava Support on Twitter seems to suggest it's an issue with Fitbit as I quote "Activity uploads to Strava from Fitbit devices may be delayed due to a Fitbit Sync outage".

Best Answer

Googling Garmins even tho it could be a Strava problem? After five years of Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  Should have done this initially! Would have saved myself a lot of time. Hope they fix this soon but happy to know that I can do it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having no luck syncing my Fitbit Versa Lite to Strava. It worked last week but not now - I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the apps but it still isn’t working. I can upload the file manually. Any other suggestions? I would prefer NOT having to download the files every time I workout! Thanks!!

Best Answer

I noticed this had happened to me after my Saturday night run didn't appear on Strava. I used the FitBit app on my iPhone, which was working as recently as Thursday.

To get the missing run into Strava, I exported it as a .tcx file and manually uploaded it.

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918087-Fitbit-and-Strava

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check this thread. It's a problem affecting people with all types of FitBits.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-not-syncing-to-Strava/m-p/4374923#M133713

Best Answer
0 Votes