Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync Fitbit data to Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The FitBit app is not longer syncing my runs to Strava.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Wouldn't you know...one year after the original post.......the same issue popped up....Fitbit Versa and Strava not communicating or uploading runs/ bike rides. I manually uploaded my activity to Strava, and then had to re-connect my Versa to my Strava account. Is it a yearly thing??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Proflex4ever like with any technology, what happened a year ago has absolutely nothing to do with today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was a problem - the link was broken.  There was a post on the Strava status page that suggested it was a Fitbit problem.  It now seems to be working again.  There was no need to play around with account settings, disconnect, reconnect etc.  But if there is data from 18th & 19th that didn't sync you may need to do it manually.  It's really easy and takes a couple of minutes.  

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community.

I sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by the issue with Fitbit data not syncing to Strava, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. This has been reported to our team and they are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. I am sorry for any inconvenience it's caused, I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

@chris2121 thank you for reporting that the issue has been resolved for you. I appreciate the update and helpful tips.

@Rich_Laue thank you for your support.

For information about connecting your Fitbit and Strava accounts, see How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

I'll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for posting this here.  You've likely saved me time doing just the same.  I've already tried one or two combinations already.  That said, I hope/want a remedy/fix soon.  My issue is with a Charge 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THX!!!  Yep; you're right.  The manual export/import was pretty quick and painless.
This approach is good to have in our hip pockets.
However; definitely want to see the automated syncing working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thx for all your updates on this thread!
Saved me a bunch of time.

Best Answer

Just throwing it out here - my Versa Started connecting yesterday (well after all my attempts to fix) and I have had no problems today. One other thing I did yesterday was reset my Versa (along with the revoke/reconnect).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All

Since I last updated the FitBit Software via the iOS app the auto sync has failed to work. 

I know its seems to be a problem speaking with other Ionic users and I’m just wondering how widespread it is as it seems there is no comments on it

The manual update still works

I’ve done all the usual things to try to correct it - deleted apps->rebooted Ionic->revoked permission->uninstalled Strava app on Ionic->re-installed app on iOS and Ionic->reintroduce permissions->waited 24hour nothing

Also noticed my resting HR show’s 0 when first connecting in the morning which I feel is part of the same update. This also seems to be hit and miss when fitbit iOS app

Guessing it’ll be a wait and see how long it’s takes the Fitbit programmers to sort the issue

Cheers Shane

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just finished a run and it synced without issue. My guess is an API issue between Fitbit and Strava that was more than likely caused my last week's outage.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again for your reports. This issue was resolved as of Monday. I'll be closing the thread for further reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Just had a reply from Strava and they are blaming FitBit because of an outrage which I did see when I checked online myself. Let’s hope it wasn’t a cyber attach 

message from strava representative below and look at how helpful she was even though I never asked about the manual upload side. I’ve removed this links as they are forbidden 

Molly (Help Center)

Jul 21, 2020, 12:45 PM PDT

Hey Shane,

Thanks for writing in. We are aware that Fitbit is experiencing sync delays due to an outage Fitbit experienced on the 17th. You can check our status page history here: 

Fitbit syncing issues are unfortunately something we do not have visibility into. Fitbit actually pushes activities to Strava and if there is an activity on Strava that's not on Fitbit, Fitbit pulls the activity from us.

In the meantime, you can manually export and import your activity directly to Strava by accessing your activity on Fitbit's website. Once you download the TCX file you can upload here:

Shakey-Shane_0-1595363313542.png

If you continue to experience any issues, please reach out to Fitbit directly.

Cheers,
Molly
Strava Support Team

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Strava and this was part of their reply

We are aware that Fitbit is experiencing sync delays due to an outage Fitbit experienced on the 17th. You can check our status page history here: 

Fitbit syncing issues are unfortunately something we do not have visibility into. Fitbit actually pushes activities to Strava and if there is an activity on Strava that's not on Fitbit, Fitbit pulls the activity from us.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well for 4 years now (think 4?) I have a fairly issue free life with the Ionic (died during update, but Fitbit replaced my Bronze with a normal, so Pass on that).

As of yesterday however, it refuses to sync/be found, xfer data to Strava etc

I have tried the:

1. Several versions of Ionic off & retry/BT off/Phone off etc and nothing

2. Remove Ionic from phone and setup as 'new'

3. Uninstall iOS Fitbit app and reinstall/redo etc

4. Running around house naked shouting 'Apple watch bad, Fitbit good'

On a iPhone 8+ (iOS 13.6), Fitbit Ionic (version 27.70.8.0)

All to no working sync. What next? Some dark god to do a deal?

Antony

Best Answer

FIXED: do not use your phone to go to http://strava.fitbit.com/

but use the desktop version, this will allow you to connect and sync them again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Currently this Morning it was working again, After two rides, which i uploaded manually with the TXC-file. 
Hope this Problem is fixed Now 🙂 

thanks for your answers and your Time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Carver3 Welcome back to the Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

I appreciate the details shared. I can confirm that the issue with Strava was resolved on July 21, learn more about it by checking this thread

Regarding the syncing issue you're experiencing, please confirm you've followed this syncing troubleshooting. There's no need to do any sacrifice yet. 😉

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes