Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync Fitbit data to Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The FitBit app is not longer syncing my runs to Strava.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Unfortunately, there's still an issue with the Fitbit connector to Strava. You can either manually download and import to Strava or use http://fittostrava.com to set it up in the mean time.

If this doesn't get resolved soon, I'm probably going to sell my Fitbit and get a Garmin 735xt.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit versa 2 and everything worked perfectly fine to sync my activities with strava until yesterday, without changing anything. 

- i noticed that in my strava settings, my Fitbit was not connected anymore (out of the blue) —> reconnected my Fitbit again —> no change

- this morning I opened my strava app and again the strava app lost connection with my Fitbit —> connected them again —> still my new activities did not appear —> restarted the app, login, logout, restarting iPhone, Fitbit.. tried everything, but my activities with GPS tracking won’t appear on Strava... 

solution please? Both apps are also updated

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit versa 2 is doing the same thing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, i have the charge 4 as so does my brother and as of a couple of days again we both noticed they are not sync'ing are runs/riders, done all the usual "revoke access" and reconnect to strava etc - not working :0(

Manually having to upload activity which is 10 steps backwards! not impressed and more so not impressed that no one is taking ownership - very gutted (been a fitbit user for 5-6 years now likewise strava, very frustrating)

lets hope they sort it soon

Best Answer
Fitbit user since 2012. Have had good past experiences with issues until this. New to Strava but have like the pairing. Hope it gets fixed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

done all that and still not syncing for me 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes same problem., not syncing with Strava.  See there is a new update on Ionic software and as usual this has brought about only problems.  Ionic stopped yesterday and for some time did not show the trail I ran.  Now the app will not open on my phone.  I have done the usual, uninstall/reinstall apps, etc etc

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also connected fine Friday but not Saturday nor Sunday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. I understand the Fitbit charge 4 is more of a budget fitness tracker, but all these glitches are very irritating. @HazelMoore maybe wait for @AlejandraFitbit to reply to you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also wanted to add that, 9/10 times when I login to Strava, my Charge 4 automatically disconnects and I have to reconnect it with Strava. Nonetheless , workouts don’t transfer automatically as they should. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanx. It worked. FitBit still will not sync though. Irritating
SiriHelle
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just out of the blue I got a notification to say that my run from Saturday has been uploaded to Strava hope this is it fixed now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which method worked for you? The manual export and upload or the httpfittostrava.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree. Garmin next

Best Answer

I just synched my fitbit to my app and yesterday and today’s run are now on Strava! I think you are right Lorraine1234.... must be fixed!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like some runs I did this morning synced, but we'll see. Either way, this was the final straw for pushing me to move to Garmin. 🙂

Best Answer

I'm having the same trouble, FitBit has stopped synching with Strava. I've tried everything, reseting FitBit, Removing both FitBit and Strava, Revoking access. In desperation I've just restored my iPhone to factory settings, and its still not syncing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the tcx download from Fitbit and uploaded into Strava as manual

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went to Fitbit.com on my computer..
Found the activity.
From menu exported and saved as tcx file.
Then went to my Strava acc’t and chose: upload activity.
File, browse and found saved download.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I actually had one sync 6 hours after the fact. I had already exported the other workouts so I guess I’ll just wait and see what happens to tomorrow’s sessions.

Best Answer
0 Votes