Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync Fitbit data to Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The FitBit app is not longer syncing my runs to Strava.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Thanks for your reply seemingly this is an issue, which happens also To others. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Certainly not working for me either.  It looks like you can manually upload somehow - guess I'd better find out how that works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for persevering and getting this logged.  I suspect this applies to all users and looking at the discussion boards maybe other 3rd party apps not working either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FWIW, Fitbit <--> MyFitnessPal are working OK

Best Answer

I am using a new iPhone SE 2020 and I have purchased my charge 4 last month.

My Fitbit run data has automatically stopped showing on Strava after my runs/walks/bike rides . I make sure ‘GPS’ is connected when I start my workouts on Strava.

i have tried removing Fitbit from Strava and paired it again a couple of times but no luck ! 

I hope there is a way to fix this ! 

Current Firmware Version :20001.96.29

Best Answer

Hi @MaBe95 you say that your bike ride did bot get recorded with GPS and no map was displayed. This explains why the ride did not transfer to Strava.

Only runs and bike rides recorded with GPS will sync to Strava.

The problem seems to be during the bike ride, I'm assuming the manual start was used.

As fo who owns the Strava link, you are correct, fitbit owns both the Strava and ifttt links.

All the other links are owned by the third party.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please help.. Tonight I recorded my run on my fitbit versa lite watch as usual..

And any time I end the activity it always automatically uploads onto my strava account so my run is ready to view. 

Tonight it didn't... And have no idea why.. I've synced my fitbit ap, I've turned my phone on and off, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the strava ap.. And nothing is working... 

Only thing I've noticed since yesterday was my fitbit ap says - 'notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-inable phone notifications on your tracker.'

I've no idea of this is linked to the problem with syncing my data onto strava... Has anyone any idea??

Thanks in advance. 

•  
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got this from their Twitter support account

Screenshot_20200718-173558.png

Best Answer

Strava provided an official update here:

https://status.strava.com/

Still no update on https://www.fitbitstatus.com/

Best Answer
Thanks. Hope they resolve it soon.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

As of today my Ionic is not syncing my runs to the Strava app.  I run several times a week and have never had this issue.  Is anyone else currently encountering this issue?  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Best Answer

My fitbit has stopped syncing with strava.. I have not updated anything and I have tried logging out and back in and tries to disconnect and connect.. has something in the programming changed?

Best Answer

Same here with my Charge 3. Fitbit has bene synching fine with Strava for a couple of years now (Charge 2 and now a 3). But 2 days ago the synching stopped.

Activities are appearing in Fitbit but not flowing through to Strava.

I have delinked my accounts and connected again, but still not working.

Best Answer

Mine did not Sync yesterday (Friday) or today.  I tried every idea I could find including logging out of and back into Strava, logging out of and back into Fitbit, restart my phone, uninstall and reinstall Strava, and chat with Fitbit support. None of it helped.

Best Answer

mine isn't syncing to Strava either

Best Answer

My watch won't sync either. It did on Friday night, but won't sync yesterday's long run. So frustrating, I've tried everything too

Best Answer

Im on Fitbit chat atm. There trying to help me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happened to me for this 2 days as well. Unable to sync with strava 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the same. Nothing has fixed it as yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! Went for a run yesterday and data hasn't pulled through to Strava at all, and in the Fitbit app it's only pulling in some of the data; the map just has a loading circle going round and round. So annoying as I got a PB yesterday! 😭 Weirdly, if I look at the Fitbit app through Strava on the page where you connect your device, I CAN see the map, but it's still not pulling data into Strava itself. Looks like the issue is with the Fitbit app; have tried removing and reinstalling both apps but makes no difference.

Best Answer