Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync Fitbit data to Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The FitBit app is not longer syncing my runs to Strava.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

In the same boat. Hopefully it's fixed, but not holding my breath at this point. 🙂

Best Answer

Yep, I can manually upload too. It’s just something I would rather not do every time I workout.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

My new activities are syncing over, my old ones haven't yet - now I've already export/imported them now so won't be able to check (Strava will reject new activities that overlap the time of activities it already has). Keep in mind for Strava, certain challenges will not accept 'uploaded' activities - so if you have one of these that you are working on, you may want to give it some time to see if it syncs first.

Best Answer
When I chatted with Fitbit, they led me to believe that when the issue was fixed it would be going forward and the old activities would not be synced.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

That makes sense. If you had something in queue while your account was already linked, it should sync up. Relinking your account during the outage may lead to some activity not syncing.

Did they give any indication of what caused the issue? My guess is an API link went offline that connected to Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone shared this previously.

https://www.fitbitstatus.com/incidents/93y4bkwknxp0

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having the same problem since Friday!😭 like I’ve been disconnected my watch from my phone twice, disconnected my Fitbit from strava 5 times and still nothing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not working for my rides either. Fitbit support was no help today...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Morning gang

Having trouble with my fit bit HR which is a great bit of kit on a budget! 
I have used it since Christmas going on runs or out on the bike and normally after I have finished exercise it syncs straight to strava. I can see the activity linked to my fit bit but nothing on strava. It’s fine if twice now. I’ve turned my phone on and off a few times, reconnected fit bit to my strava account and synced the fit bit to phone. 
nothing.

any clues? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ik heb hetzelfde probleem sedert 18/07/2020. Synchroniseren na een ride blijft hangen. Verschillende keren heropgestart doch het probleem blijft hetzelfde.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get the same issue only this week. My runs from last week and cycles haven’t appeared on my Strava. They have recorded in my fitbit but seam to be failing on the sync to Strava. I have removed the link and redone it but it is still not showing up. There is a way to retrospectively link these activities by exporting the .tcx file from fitbit and importing it to Strava. This works however isn’t instant and is prone to human error. If there is a way to re sync please can someone let me know?

Best Answer
Yay, mine has just worked too. 😁

Sent from my HUAWEI Y6 2018
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep mine has synced too, yahoo

Sent from my HUAWEI Y6 2018
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too, Sat's run is now showing on Strava. Yay

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! I've tried everything and finally found these posts so I'm going to stop trying for a day or two. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My run finally uploaded to Strava the next day but my steps challenge data seems to be approx 6000 steps behind when my dashboard steps count is higher. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

reconfigure strava link from your fitbit and I'm sure it will start working again. It has started working for most of us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

exactly the same here. …. regular user. auto download on pretty much a daily basis. no issues.

No download since Friday! 

tried reboot, log out log in etc several times. No joy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no joy for me, sadly - have tried to re-establish the link as suggested but still doesn't seem to be pulling the data through 😣

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. No luck yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes