Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t pair my Fitbit account with MyFitnessPal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any suggestions on how to pair my two accounts so that My fitness pal reads my Fitbit data? I keep being sent around a merry loop of signing in and opening apps! 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Katiethedubs.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with trying to connect your Fitbit account with MyFitnessPal. Thank you for your efforts, I recommend following the steps from this help article: How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

After linking, you can verify that your accounts are syncing by using one of the following data points:

1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MyFitnessPal.
  2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Katiethedubs.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with trying to connect your Fitbit account with MyFitnessPal. Thank you for your efforts, I recommend following the steps from this help article: How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

After linking, you can verify that your accounts are syncing by using one of the following data points:

1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MyFitnessPal.
  2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I can’t find my home or how to check in on MFP?

Also, I have followed the steps you describe but when I get to the finding the app to pair I select Fitbit and connect and it brings me to a log in page for Fitbit which I follow and then it takes me back the same page of connect or buy- not sure what I’m doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Katiethedubs, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Have you tried to use this link to log into your MyFitnessPal account https://www.myfitnesspal.com/ and then follow the rest of the steps? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks very much, I did a password reset and that seemed to solve it! Finally am linked. Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you for the update, @Katiethedubs

I am glad to hear you were able to connect your Fitbit account with MyFitnessPal. Thank you for your time and feedback. 

Feel free to explore the discussions forums to Share Your Story, Get Fitter, Find Fitbit Friends, Sharing Recipes and much more.

Keep on visiting the forums! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Katie, I too am having trouble.  Could it be our log ins are vastly different?  My email addresses are different, as is user name.   Just wondering, because I get the same run around as you report—logging in, allow permission, only to do it all again. I hope someone reads this thread and can help us! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Puddlejumoer. Welcome to Community Forums.

I'd recommend you follow the instructions on How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?. Some users usually find it useful to unpair and then pair both apps again to refresh the performance, if you already have them paired.

Or if you'd like to contact our Support Team or the third party customer service for more information.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem. Multiple attempts and it’s still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @rh750, it's good to see you back in the Community.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps performed and your comments. Have you tried accessing by this link to your account https://www.myfitnesspal.com/, some users find it useful to make a password reset and then follow the rest of the steps.

Also remember to have your Fitbit Firmware up to date and the OS of your linked device as well.

You can always contact our Support Team for assistance.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I still cannot sync with my fitness pal. Is there an 800 number to call for help?

Ron

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @rh750, I'm glad to see you in the Community.

Yes there is, you can dial 877 623 4997 and reach out to Support Team.

Have a good one.

Best Answer
0 Votes