Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 to Strava sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just found that I could use my Charge 2 to start a run in Strava. However, I have connected both apps (I see it in both of them) but after finishing the run through the button, the activity is visible only in Fitbit app. Do I have to sync it manually somehow? 

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I've got the same... 😞 

I used https://strava.fitbit.com/ to start the automatic sync, everythting looks fine, but my run is not synched..? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to havr tour fitbit run revorded by gps to have it sync with strav r.  

See the third partyi fo thread https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Third-Party-Apps-Informational-Post/td-p/14...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I quite understand that it sync only activities with GPS data. I have tried it twice. Both times I can see my activity with map in Fitbit list of activities but none of them appeared in Strava.

In the link within your post there is an info that condition for HR data to be tranfered is to sync them before ending the activity. So if I understand it right, I would have to take out a cell phone out of my pocket, make a synchronization of my charge and then I could stop the activity. However this would totally ruin the purpose of starting/ending of the activity by the button.

Now I wonder if this could be the case for whole acivity. Not just the HR data. I will try it tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is definitely worth trying, but should only br needed if you want the heart rate sync over.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You could fo a search of the fourm, hots with a checkmark have been solved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used this all the time between my Charge 2 and Strava, but in the last few days it hasn't been working. The process has been.

Run as normal with the Charge 2 recording the run.

Sync your run to Fitbit

Wait 10-30 seconds

Strava will now have your run.

Since late last week I have had to manually download my runs from Fitbit and upload them into Strava as the integration has not changed. This has happened before so hopefully it is just a temporary glitch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with a surge. The activity is visible in the fitbit dashboard but not making it across to strava. Tried logging out and back in and also renewing the connections. The connection worked just fine on previous cycles in July.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you have GPS enabled,  and on. Fitbit saw a map of your run?

It is only GPS recorded events that will sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course I have the GPS enabled as I mentioned in previous post. But from other posts it seems, that something has changed and I am not the only one with the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have GPMS enabled and can see the ride on the dashboard under exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

True but your not the only posting here.

Best Answer
0 Votes