Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 and Apple Health never match

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 3 and an iPhone 8+. I expected Apple Health to show the steps the fitbit tracks but it does not. Is there a way to make it so? I have setup the fitbit app and mobiletrack on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yippy would first have to connect your Apple health account to your fitbit account.  Unfortunately since Apple had their own tracking watch they have no desire to connect to fitbit.  

Their is a third party app thwart users say will seems your fitbit data to Apple but being an android user I'm not sue of the name.  Do a search of the form for Apple health and you should be able to find the name of the app.  Your aol store might also bring it up worth a dead search of fitbit. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Yippy would first have to connect your Apple health account to your fitbit account.  Unfortunately since Apple had their own tracking watch they have no desire to connect to fitbit.  

Their is a third party app thwart users say will seems your fitbit data to Apple but being an android user I'm not sue of the name.  Do a search of the form for Apple health and you should be able to find the name of the app.  Your aol store might also bring it up worth a dead search of fitbit. 

Best Answer

Thanks. I found two apps that do this. Unbelievable that fitbit doesn't tie to Apple Health!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It really is not unbelievable,  fitbit has an open invite to any third party that would like to link up with them.  Apple if they wanted to could very easily link up with fitbit. 

Fitbit had their plate. fairly full and does not want to deal with forcing themselves on to others. Why does their blame fitbit when fitbit had an open invite. Go to http://www.fitbit.com/apps you will see the invite there.

People also want fitbit to connect to garmin, google,  Samsung health, to name just s few. Never mind that these other parties have their own tracking devices

Best Answer

Was so excited to get the Fitbit Charge 4, even got the Premium trial...was more than disappointed to see that Fitbit doesn't integrate with the Apple Health App, which I use across many great apps. Sadly, going to return and cancel the premium membership. Given it's 2020 I can't imagine why Fitbit wouldn't' make this a priority, as they are losing sales to competitors to do. So bummed...I was looking forward to using it, but there are just too many alternatives that do integrate with Apple Health. Hopefully this huge oversight gets addressed at some point 😞

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

@skchurch A warm welcome to the Community.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on the forums, this helps us to continue improving our services offered. 

Sorry to see you go. Some of our top integrations are noted here, but there are many more  integrations that aren’t on the list. If you don’t see your integration listed, we recommend contacting the developer of the app for further details. You may want to check our Third-Pary apps-FAQ here

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a sync solver app in your app store for this @skchurch .

My feeling is that since Apple wants users to use their equipment,  they are not interested in partnering up with fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s overstep to suggest that ANY third party integration with Apple Health *solves* the problem.

Even with a third party integration, Fitbit only allow third party integrations at the summary level - one total per day; this means app integrations can not provide any granularity to Apple Health... leaving Apple Health with a complete inability to merge the data from different devices across the day.

For example - let’s say you took off your Fitbit to charge for 1 hour, and carried your phone as an alternative - sorry - all Apple Health will see is one 24-hour value ... so it can’t know anything of that ‘gap’ and merge in just the 1 hour worth of data.

I really wish Fitbit had confidence in their product enough to remove this artifice from their integration API... because its 100% a commercial decision - and it does nothing but make them look inferior. It’s drives people toward competitors rather than away from them.

Best Answer

Fitbit has repeatedly stated that it is their decision not to allow syncing with Apple Health. Apparently they expect us to wait for them to provide every health tracking feature we want.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has clearly stated that they are not considering this feature. It has nothing to do with the Apple Watch or with Apple refusing to allow syncing. Fitbit does not allow its devices to sync with Apple Health, which is why they are no longer sold in Apple stores.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually Fitbit has clearly invited anyone to partner with fitbit. 

Fitbit does not use its resources to connect to third parties, without first being invited. 

Apple also invited pitchers to come partner with apple. 

Therefore, we are at a stalemate, however, this is where syncsolver comes in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes