Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 heart rate data doesn't appear on Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 4 and it is paired with my Strava account.  I run with both my Charge 4 and my iphone and the Charge 4 is set on dynamic GPS.  

If I record a run as an activity on FitBit then on completion it appears as it should on Strava, but without the HR data.  If I record on Strava then it also doesn't capture the HR data.

Does anyone know what I need to do so that the HR data transfers across to Strava please.  I have checked all data permissions and they should allow HR data to be used.

I'm at a complete loss and its such a shame because this is what I bought the Charge 4 specifically for.  In every other respect its super.

Thank you

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

What device so you start the run recording on. 

For your heart rate to be sent to Strava, you need to start the run from the wrist on the charge 4. 

I think you may be starting the run from the Fitbit app on the phone. 

I've also moved your Strava question to the third party board. 

Best Answer

Thank you for the quick response. And you are right!

I used to record my run on Strava but I’ve learnt from this site that the run has to be recorded on FB, so I have been doing that. But... I’ve always started the run on the FB app on my phone. 
I tried some test runs today and none of them was successful - no HR data on Strava and no HR analysis in the FB app either (although the usual HR data is there)).
But in the middle of doing so my Charge 4 auto started an activity and that amazingly did have HR data. 
So do I have to start the activity on the Charge 4 itself rather than the app on my phone? Odd but I can love with that. I’ll try it and report back. 
the other issue is that my phone ran out of battery on just a 10 mile run, which is new. I hope that’s not the interface with FB and the Charge 4. May be it was because it was cold...

Thank you

M

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes you need to start the run on the tracker, this is the only way to connect heart rate to your run event. 

You also need to have GPS enabled so that your run event will be sent to Strava. 

Best Answer
0 Votes