Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Aria to Apple Health

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone been able to connect an Aria to the Apple Health app?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everybody. Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services but at the moment doesn't have plans to integrate Fitbit with Apple Health app as mentioned in this feature suggestion.

Thank you for sharing the alternatives you found to transferred your data between your apps.

I am going to close this thread since it is too old, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hello @tripete99, thank you for visiting our Fitbit Community.

At the moment, Fitbit does not have plans to integrate with HealthKit with the Fitbit tracker or Aria scale. Although your opinion is very important for us, so I would recommend voting and commenting on this feature suggestion in order to express your interest for the integration.

Hope this helps and keep participating in our Community.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply. I went to post a request to the feature request page. When I saw how many requests were already there and how long this has been requested, I didn't bother. I have really enjoyed my fitbit products, but they all have issues that will keep me from recommending them. My Aria has been great and I have had no issues up until now. Our trackers, on the other hand have been anything but safisfying. I did a lot of research and ended up selecting fitbit, depsite missing a few product features. I liked the apps and the ability to combine a scale and the tracker. I also thought, and still think, that you have great support for the sleep monitoring, in addition to the fitness tracking.

The Charge HR has been a pain. I am on my third, it is now out of warranty and starting to act flaky. I have been here before. I am the IT guy for the house, so I get to deal with these issues. My wife is on her fourth, but it has died and she has now moved on to an Apple Watch 2. She loves it. Our daughters have watched what we have gone through and they moved on the first time theirs failed. I have a pile of dead fitbits sitting next to me and the thought of dealing with another replacement exhausts me. I am very disappointed in the quality of the trackers and will probably follow my wife.

I was really pulling for fitbit, but the company's stance on being open and integrating is what will push me over the edge to Apple. The Aria should integrate with other apps, including competitors. The Apple watch, while a competitor, is not your main competition and they do not make a scale. They dominate the high end of the market. Fitbit should integrate, not lock out other vendors.

Best Answer

I went to post a request to the feature request page. When I saw how many requests were already there and how long this has been requested, I didn't bother. I have really enjoyed my fitbit products, but they all have issues that will keep me from recommending them. My Aria has been great and I have had no issues up until now. Our trackers, on the other hand have been anything but safisfying. I did a lot of research and ended up selecting fitbit, depsite missing a few product features. I liked the apps and the ability to combine a scale and the tracker. I also thought, and still think, that you have great support for the sleep monitoring, in addition to the fitness tracking.

The Charge HR has been a pain. I am on my third, it is now out of warranty and starting to act flaky. I have been here before. I am the IT guy for the house, so I get to deal with these issues. My wife is on her fourth, but it has died and she has now moved on to an Apple Watch 2. She loves it. Our daughters have watched what we have gone through and they moved on the first time theirs failed. I have a pile of dead fitbits sitting next to me and the thought of dealing with another replacement exhausts me. I am very disappointed in the quality of the trackers and will probably follow my wife.

I was really pulling for fitbit, but the company's stance on being open and integrating is what will push me over the edge to Apple. The Aria should integrate with other apps, including competitors. The Apple watch, while a competitor, is not your main competition and they do not make a scale. They dominate the high end of the market. Fitbit should integrate, not lock out other vendors.

Best Answer

Hi there @tripete99, thank you for your feedback and please accept my apologies for not posting anything recently. I understand your position parting from the fact that you have experienced quality issues with your trackers. Note that we always stand behind our products and all your feedback is welcome to improve the Fitbit experience. such is the case of the Charge 2 that was designed having in mind feedback from our Community and Fitbit users.

As you realize, many users are eager to see  integrations of other services to Fitbit like Healthkit . As I mentioned before, we don't have updates about this matter, although many of the integrations are not developed by our initiative, but from the third party vendor. So its more harder to keep control over this features as know when are become available.

Once again I appreciate your honest comments. I'll be around if you have additional questions.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was going to follow your recommendation and vote for Apple Health support on that page. Then I saw the sheer volume of people who have been requesting this for years and I realized that Fitbit is not the company for me. I'm taking my business somewhere else. 

Best Answer

Hello @joeeasterly, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community!  indeed, there is a great volume of users who wants this integration in the future and so far as you were able to see in our Feature Suggestion board is under consideration, however many integrations are not from our initiative and it may take time to be implemented if is applicable, although the result may vary.

There are other users who have found useful to use Sync Solver. Perhaps it might be an alternative for you in the meantime. Check this post for more details, although take note this is not officially supported and it might work or it might.

Hope this provide more information. Stayed tune to the Fitbit Community for more updates.

Best Answer

I suggest working on ear phones for fitbit employees that don't want to go the way of the dodo/Jawbone.

collaboration is the present and the future.

Best Answer

The only way I have found to do this is to use My Fitness Pal to connect to the Aria. This app connects to Apple health and will load the weight measurement data from Aria, to MyFitnessPal then to Apple Health. I know...stupid, but it works. 

Best Answer

I’m syncing Fitbit data to Apple Health and Strava using IFTT, which is 100% free. Download IFTT app and search for Fitbit integration. 

Best Answer

Thank you!  This is a great app, using it for many other things now.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got it to work. If you use a 3rd party app that integrates with Fitbit and Apple health, it should work. I’m not entirely sure which one did it for me (I tried multiples to be sure) but try Lose It! Or MyFitnessPal. Think of it this way: your scale sends your weight to your Fitbit app, your Fitbit app is connected to the 3rd party app for weight, Apple Health is connected to the 3rd party app for weight/exercise/etc. So by going through the 3rd party app like LoseIt! or MyFitnessPal, you’re able to pull in your weight. Though I didn’t get body fat percentage to come over. 

Best Answer
IFTT works perfectly.
I’m using it to write my Aria data to Apple Health and to Strava.

Sebastian :fire:
Best Answer

Hello @Psebastian and @Tyr0n313.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the matter! I'm sure that other users will find it reassuring that you got it to work nicely with those apps!

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. 

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just dumped all of my Fitbit Charge 2, Blaze, Surge & Aria.

Bought iWatches and a Apple Health compatible scale.

I had high hopes for Fitbit but C'est la vie.

Best Answer

Now that FitBit is bought by Google I was hoping I could connect my Aria scale with some other system.  Looks like that is not possible so now I not only have to buy another tracker, I also have to buy a scale.  Bummer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a work around. MyFitnessPal integrates with Apple and Fitbit for the Aria scale only for weight. Connect MyFitnessPal with Apple health and Aria and when you sync your weight will be there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, you can configure Fitbit to talk to MyFitnessPal and MyFitnessPal to share with Apple's Health Kit. This 1-hop connection is flakey but workable (sometimes). Fitbit should be ashamed. 

Best Answer

I'm late to this party but I just got an Apple Watch and used Power Sync for Fitbit to pull all my Fitbit data into the Health app. Because of Fitbit's limitations on 3rd parties, it can only sync once a day automatically (you can force sync though) but it pulls in all my data, including my Aria scale data. That and my food logs (which I've added a ton of foods too--including custom) are what I really didn't want to give up. The Apple Watch was a gift and I was hesitant but now that I can continue to sync my scale and log my food as I was, it's great. The app is free if you do manual syncing. Auto updates require you to pay--like $8 for a year and $10 for lifetime. To me it's worth it after what I spent for the scale. I can weigh myself on anything but the body fat percentage and trend info. is important to me. 

Best Answer

Hi! I just got an Apple Watch and was like “oh no! My scale!” So...you are saying to use the ‘power sync’ app....someone else said to use the ‘Strava’ app...and someone else said to use the ‘My Fitness Pal’ app...I downloaded the strava app, but I still have a few questions...

Do I still need to wear my Fitbit device, or will weigh-ins go straight to the Fitbit app? I was never really sure on this. 
Also, I’m thinking that the decision of “which intermediary app should I use” should coincide with the MAIN one we plan on using with our watch?  My watch hasn’t arrived yet. Is Apple health the watch/iPhone app everyone is using with the Apple Watch? (I would assume that’s how it works)...I never really liked Apple health it’s why I ask...I liked the Fitbit app user interface....especially for sleep. So...lmk if I have this correct.. 

We download one of the intermediary apps… We link our Fitbit app as well as ‘health,’ on our phones, to said intermediary app. Then we click and toggle and it should transfer all Fitbit data into health. If you do not also have an aria scale, this is your last step...delete the Fitbit app from your phone and start using your Apple Watch! YOU can now EITHER delete the intermediary app and use ONLY health with your Apple Watch, OR you can keep using the intermediary app to use as your main database...with your Apple Watch CORECT? (Anyone can answer).

ON THE FLIPSIDE-

IF YOU DO HAVE AN ARIA SCALE, You should NOT delete the intermediary app OR your Fitbit app...bc weighins will go to the Fitbit app, then to the intermediary, and then to Health...correct? Or wait- maybe the Fitbit app COULD be deleted (and the device retired) bc ARIA will send to the main server regardless of whether or not you still have the app downloaded...correct? 🤔 

SO...IN A NUTSHELL.. (strange saying)..
THE FIRST DECISION for Apple Watch converts is to decide which database/app we want to use as our MAIN place to store all our readings and analyses (if we want something in addition to Health)... Then use these steps to transfer Fitbit data into it. Aria users MUST keep the transfer app active so weighins record easily...or buy a new scale compatible with Apple. 

LORD I HOPE AND PRAY that Apple has a decent sleep tracker system...or I’ll be wearing my Fitbit alta Hr to bed! 
I just wanted a wearable that would be more conducive to summer months by the pool and in the ocean (my alta hr wasn’t water resistant)..and I won an eBay bid for the watch! Peeps.. please feel free to confirm or correct me on any of the above. I want to make sure I transition with grace! Lol  My brain hurts.. good night..go wash your hands! 
-Amy

Best Answer
0 Votes