Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDP YOGA

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Also, why is this information (the fact that Fitbit ONLY works with Fitbit apps) not readily available to your customers like myself who are buying the Fitbit to work specifically with an app like DDPY. literally I bought the Fitbit to work with ddpy yoga brought it home undiscovered that it will not record my heart rate for the app.. nowhere on/in the packaging did it state that the device only works with specified apps nor in the instructions. I only found out by trying to use the device with DDPY only to find that the app DOES recognize that I'm wearing a device but it only ever shows me 0 bpm. I can't return the device because the store (shopco) that I bought it from went out of business and Fitbit customer service says that fitFit will only return devices that we're bought directly from the fit bit web site. So now it looks like I have a $170 useless fit bit and I will just have to eat the cost and I now have to buy a competitor's product that WILL interface with DDP YOGA.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Yes, I've contacted DDP YOGA. They say basically the same thing except that
they assured me that they would work with the marketers to ensure that the
list of compatible HR monitors will be more present on there packaging.
They said that it's not cost effective to integrate Fitbit or Apple due to
the nature of how these two companies force people to use specific
programming (something like that). Honestly I'm disappointed with both
companies because I'm sure this all boils down to money. Unfortunately it's
people like me who get screwed because I don't have much money to begin
with and it has also become a money issue for me now.
Show quoted text

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I’m sorry this did not work out for you, @OwynFaulkner. But this information is available in the Fitbit Help pages. Fitbit works with several third party apps but it has to be a two way effort. Have you contacted DDPY to ask if they have any plans to make their product work with Fitbit? Here is their contact info

The instructions to connect another app to Fitbit begin with logging into the other app.

1. Log in to your account on the app or website of a company that offers Fitbit integration, such as MyFitnessPal, Endomondo, or Runkeeper.
  2. Find the section for connecting another account. This section is often called "Apps" or "Connect."
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions and log in to your Fitbit account when prompted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I've contacted DDP YOGA. They say basically the same thing except that
they assured me that they would work with the marketers to ensure that the
list of compatible HR monitors will be more present on there packaging.
They said that it's not cost effective to integrate Fitbit or Apple due to
the nature of how these two companies force people to use specific
programming (something like that). Honestly I'm disappointed with both
companies because I'm sure this all boils down to money. Unfortunately it's
people like me who get screwed because I don't have much money to begin
with and it has also become a money issue for me now.
Show quoted text
Best Answer

This is disappointing but not surprising.  Fitbit can't even fix issues with their own app that have been open for over a year, let alone worrying about compatibility with other apps.  They've clearly failed their customers on the app side of things.

Best Answer

Fitbit has an open invite for other apps to link up. 

They also have a record of performing the link up if requested by the third party. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ho @OwynFaulkner what did you end up buying to integrate with DDP YOGA?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why wouldn't fitbit contact them and integrate? This is just passing the buck. 

I'm selling my fitbit because of this propriety BS

Best Answer
The following heart rate monitors have been tested and confirmed to pair successfully with the DDP YOGA NOW application; there are many other HRMs that may work in addition to this list, which may be updated at some point in the future.
  • Apple Watch
  • Wahoo TICKR/TICKR X/TICKR FIT
  • Scosche Rhythm/Rhythm +
  • BerryKing Heartbeat
  • Polar H7/H10/OH1
  • Mio Alpha
  • CooSpoo H6/H8
Most heart rate monitors that pair using BLE will work with the DDP YOGA NOW App, unless the manufacturer has closed their connections to third party applications. We recommend avoiding any fitness watches, as these are typically designed to pair with specific mobile apps and will not successfully pair with DDP YOGA NOW.

Unfortunately, Garmin and Fitbit devices will not allow our app to connect to them directly for heart rate tracking.
Best Answer

Come on Fitbit! Get on board with DDP Yoga! Boom!

thats all I got😁

Best Answer

Fitbit has an open api and has invited third parties to partner up. What has DDP have to say. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue . As far as I know the Fitbit API doesn't allow to broadcast heart rate to other apps in real time.

Best Answer
0 Votes