Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data discrepancy in Fitbit app, Dashboard and .TCX file

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All/Anyone, 

There is a discrepancy between the 'Run' data displayed on the fitbit mobile app, web app and data in the TCX export which is being shared (and manually imported by me) with Strava, example below:

1. Run distance in mob app 3.09mi (was 3.10 on inspire HR, but that's another issue) , Run distance on Web app, 3.08mi, distance on Strava from manual tcx import 2.39mi
  2. Run duration in fitbit mob app 30mins, run duaration on web app 29:37, run duration on strava from manual tcx import 21:39

I don't understand how there can be differences in the data when it all comes form the same source, presumably? I would really like to just use my inspire HR to track my run and then link with Strava afterwards, as this is more convenient than using my phone on the run however, every time I do it the data displayed in Strava is incorrect!

Is anyone else finding these discrepancies and has FITBIT or anyone else got a solution?

Thanks in advance

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@SunsetRunner A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the detailed information shared. It's pretty weird that you're not seeing the same information in your Fitbit app, online Dashboard and .TCX file.

I would like you to confirm that you're starting the activity using the exercise app in your Inspire HR and waiting for the GPS to connect to your app. Rest assure that the same data should be displayed across different platforms. 

Please restart your Inspire HR  and make sure you have the latest app version installed then try once again. 

If you're still experiencing this, please attach a screenshot to your next reply showing the data you're receiving in the app and online Dashboard. 

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes