Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dexcom App for Versa/Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anybody have any information on the Dexcom CGM app that was supposed to be available during the second half of 2018?

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Hey @RobASFO 

I actually created a fitbit dexcom app and watch face to monitor your glucose levels. It works pretty well and people seem to be enjoying it.

I'm not associated with Dexcom, but in the time being it is something that you could use!

You can find it on my website: https://hunterwatchco.com/category/random/

I hope you like them!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi.
Thanks for reaching out.
I see the watch face on your site but I don’t see how to transmit from my iPhone (receiver) to my Fitbit Versa.
Are you using NightScout? Xdrip?
If you can explain the process, I’d appreciate it.
Thanks,
Robert
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure! If you install the watch face, you can go into the watch face settings into the fitbit app and use your dexcom username and password.

Not using nightscout or xdrip. Whatever username and password is on the dexcom device, use that one. You can find a guide over on this thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Integration-with-Dexcom-G6/m-p/3249413/high...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!
Will it work with the G5 system as well?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great question. I am not 100% sure. Head on over to that thread and ask your questions there. They are extremely helpful and will help you get it all setup.

I actually built this for my brother in law and don't have an actual Dexcom device haha. Post over there and they'll help you get it all sorted out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So it's approaching the end of Q1 2019 still no updates has this merger died or what are the milestones or proposed launch dates. We can all appreciate that a merger like this can be complicated and take time but a lot of users and potential purchasers eagerly await an update.

Best Answer

Does it have an app to link them together

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is there a lag when I try to get my BG on my versa2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received a Fitbit Ionic and cannot get my readings on my watch.  What freakin app am I supposed to use? One drop did nothing...i changed my watch face to another but there is no graph showing. Ive checked all permissions from Fitbit to Dexcom and nada.  Can someone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you using Dexcom share?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased Versa2. I have Dexcom share, but I am not sharing with anyone. Is that the app that you use?

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a week left before 2020. Is there any update on progress with the Fitbit and Dexcom partnership? Integration with Tandem or Insulet Horizon would be ideal.

I'm hoping at least for the Dexcom Follow app to be available on the Fitbit app store.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought the Versa 2 specifically because it was listed on the Dexcom
website! I am very disappointed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in the same boat. I am a gestational diabetic and only need my dexcom for 9 months every other year, but I went with the versa 2 because Dexcom listed it. Maybe they’ll have it by 2021. Does anyone think the hold up has to do with the G7s development and “eminent” release?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am working on fixing the issue through glancewatchface.com. I have not
been successful yet, but it looks as if it is a good website. Try it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow. I had tried a bunch of watchfaces from "Hunter" with mixed results. I
had initially found them by searching for Dexcom which is the CGM system
that I use.

However, when I download "Glance", I was able to get it working on the
first shot. Perhaps I have tried so many times with others that there is
some corruption or data left behind that doesn't let me establish a good
connection, but all I know is that setting up "Glance" was definitely
easier.

I just to clarify to everyone waiting for a Dexcom/Fitbit collaboration to
happen. It doesn't appear to me that it will happen, since it was promised
so long ago and there has been little to no progress since then. Instead
what you can do is try a clock face like Glance or any of the ones provided
by hunter. Many of them work with other CGMs than Dexcom.

Good Luck!

I will now see if I can send a donation to the authors of Glance.

Happy New Year!

*Raul Herrera *
Head of Configuration Management | Fordham IT | Fordham University |
Best Answer
0 Votes
I will definitely try again tomorrow. I have the Dexcom app. My watch has
the clock face, but I am unable to pick up the signal for some reason. Any
tips?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you login with your Dexcom account in the clockface? (Settings in the clockface in the Fitbit app)

I’m happy with glance! Just installed it, after being disappointed by the Hunter clockface for some months now. It worked for a while, but the last months I only get a black clock. Couldn’t get it working again, not even after I asked the hunters for help.

But now Glance is up and running in a moment! Very, very promising this! I hope it will stay like this 👏

Best Answer
0 Votes