Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dexcom App for Versa/Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anybody have any information on the Dexcom CGM app that was supposed to be available during the second half of 2018?

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

@RobASFO Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Thank you for your interested in the Dexcom partnership with Fitbit. At this time no new information is available but you can keep an eye on the Fitbit blog and the Fitbit page for announcements pertinent to this subject. 

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
Hey man, I bought this watch, as did many others, based on the multiple notices sent out by Fitbit in 2017 and 2018 regarding Dexcom integration.
Is this ever going to materialize?
There are quite a few of us diabetics who are angry with the misinformation put out and the lack of transparency by both companies regarding thus goal. Robert

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@RobASFO thanks for your reply. Well the release notes did mentioned 2 half of 2018 so the integration is still on time. I don't know there are any changes so this is why I mentioned these two sources of information so you can check them for any updates. Still I appreciate your patience up to this point.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I too chose an Ionic in January 2018 based on the promise of Dexcom in 2018. I remember thinking if was going to be in the first six months they would have said that.

Today is November 1, 2018. There are 61 days remaining in the year. Although I love the Fitbit app and the community with my friends, if there is nothing by January 2, 2019 I am jumping ship to an Apple watch and not looking back. 

Best Answer
I have an Apple Watch: whatever the reason (likely a software upgrade issue) , I can’t always get my Dexcom readings on it and it refers me back to my receiver (phone).
I bought a Fitbit Versa because for two reasons: 1. Longer battery life ( I get almost 5 days on a charge, compared with 36 hours on my Apple Watch 2nd gen) and 2. It has a continuous HR monitor which is essential for me, especially when I’m doing cardio (my Apple Watch doesn’t have this).
Not sure what changes to the battery life will occur if the Dexcom app (if it ever materializes) is active on my Versa.
Totally disappointed here

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello @Simon16 and @RobASFO.

Thanks for your feedback on the matter, and your patience. 

As soon as we have anything to announce on the matte we'll be very happy to share it with everyone! 

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Better hurry up then, because it is almost the end of 2018.

Best Answer

Right? All smoke and mirrors. Y'all shouldn't bait your customers like that... or at least be up front if somethings changed. Makes for an honest business and customer loyalty. Or not. 

Best Answer

The Dexcom App will likely not happen until late 2019, according to a reliable source.

Dexcom is working on it!

Happy New Year folks :-).

Best Answer

I picked up an Apple Watch series 3 at Costco over the weekend. Dexcom on my wrist is as convenient as I imagined. To me that is more important than the FitBit community

Sorry Fitbit... I’ve moved on.

Best Answer

Im still hoping for the app for my Fitbit Versa because of the better battery life, yet I agree that the Apple Watch Dexcom app works well. 

Best Answer
Do you still have to have your iPhone with you at all time in order to
recive data in your phone?
Best Answer

Yes, the phone needs to be in range 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You still need to have your phone as the pass through to Dexcom on the Apple Watch but checking your watch is more discrete/polite than pulling out your phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update please!  

Best Answer

...And....if you need people for testing the app, I am sure you can find them in this forum.

I, for one, would be happy be a tester if it can help bring the app out faster.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The hold up is due to Dexcom, not Fitbit.

Contact your Dexcom rep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That would not surprise me. Dexcom is slow to update their iPhone app whenever iOS gets updated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

I apologize for the delay in my response.

As soon as we have any updates we'll be sharing them with everyone. We truly appreciate your patience on the matter.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes