Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in calories via exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

I was using MFP for food and logging exercise. I was then gifted a Fitbit.

I stopped logging exercise through MFP and allowed Fitbit to do this for me. 

I use MMW for my walks which transfers into Fitbit. This also gives me calories burned into Fitbit

My aerobics workout is automatically logged through Fitbit, with calories burned.

I manually log my swim thru Fitbit, which also works out cals burned.

I can then see in Fitbit, under those exercises my calories burned for each exercise.

What I find confusing is those calories burned (not including extra steps made during the course of the day) don't get replicated in the exercise section of MFP, making me feel a little ripped off.

For example I burned a total of 788 calories for my 10km walk and my kickboxing session but only 701 calories were TRF to MFP. 

Also what about the other calories burned for my extra steps? I did a total of 19,000+ steps!

I would have thought that 788 cals burned plus any from extra steps would have been TRF to MFP.

The reason I wanted Fitbit linked to MFP is so I could log any extra steps into MFP as some days I can do steps into the 10s of thousands but at the moment I feel as if I'm being ripped off calories.

I have unlinked and re linked all 3 apps.

Help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I have moved your post to Third Party Integrations as you are more likely to get the help you need here.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Helen 👌

Best Answer
0 Votes