Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different sync data between fitbit and endomondo / strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I am tracking my running sessions using the GPS connected to the phone. 

Automatically it is synchronized with endomondo and strava with different data. 

Fitbit: 6.56km / 33.05min

Strava: 6.6km / 32.56min

Enromondo: 6.56km / 33.56min

Why the data synchronized to endomondo and strava has different data?? I paused the brand during 50s in a semaphore, and in endomondo this time paused counted instead be paused. It destroy my statistics. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Sopanda.

Thanks for sharing the specific data and how it differs from each end.

I'd like to ask you some questions:

• The activity was tracked by Fitbit, correct?
  • Has this happened before or since?
  • If it was not tracked by Fitbit, where was it tracked?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza, thanks for answer 😉

About your questions:

1) Yes, I tracked the running using my Fitbit Charge HR 3. In the past I always used the Endomondo app and was synchronised to Fitbit, but I started to do it in the other way (Fitbit => Endomondo) and is when I detected the problem when I checked the data in Endomondo website/app.

2) I went to running 2 days after with the same problem, I paused the tracking (I hate semaphores 😞 ), and I had the same problem with the pause in endomondo.

3)  It was tracked using my Fitbit Charge HR 3 (using the GPS connected option with my phone). The track was automatically added in Strava (with the pause, so there it's OK), and Endomondo (with no pause and wrong data).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sopanda.

Thanks for answering those questions.

From what you shared it seems like the issue comes from Endomondo not being able to read the pauses correctly and thinking the activity has continued. Maybe you could try getting in touch with them directly or straight up not pausing the activity. If you do not pause the activity the only difference would be the duration and that your HR for those seconds it would be paused will still be counted. 

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza!, Happy new year for all of you.

I just want to update all of you that I contacted Endomondo creating a support ticket there (ticket id 176455), but their response after my ticket was "Thanks for the followup, we'll pass this to our developer teams for them to investigate", and after ask if I could receive feedback about the status of the incidence they wrote "Unfortunately we do not have the resources to send notifications to users when or if they have been fixed.".

As a developer (in my case .NET :D) , I know that sometimes the best is a direct communication between developer teams. Fitbit as company, couldn't take care of this incident that affects fitbit users that share the records with Endomondo to improve our user experience?.

Kind regards,

Sergio

Best Answer
0 Votes