Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties syncing with Wyze Scale

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased a Wyze scale and was able to sync the Wyze app it with the Fitbit App, but it stopped syncing this past weekend.  In order to begin syncing again, I had to revoke permissions and then re-instae them.  Seems like a cludgy work around.  Anyone else using or having difficulties syncing date?

Also, and I don't know if this is a Fitbit issue, or Wyze, but when looking at weight in the Fitbit app, sometimes the entry shows Day & Time as Fri. 10:31pm, and sometimes it shows Date and Time as Oct 6, 7:05am.  I don't care which format is shown, I'd just prefer there to be consistency,

Also, not every entry from Wyze is shown in the Fitbit App, again, a lack of consistency.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

David

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

i just allowed access this morning then updated both apps, unauthorized then re-authorized, force-stopped the fitbit app and I still get no data. not just in the app but on the website as well. no telling who's at fault here fitbit or wyze but its strange to me that fitbit would even allow wyze to connect since wyze has launched their own fitness tracker. I'll stay tuned to this thread and update if i find any other details online anywhere else.

Best Answer

Ha!  Look at the huge Withings Scale sync thread and you will discover Fitbit seems to be cutting off all companies with competing products.  The Withings Scale was cut off early August and nothing but crickets from Fitbit and it is definitely Fitbit that cut them off.

Best Answer

Update:

Yesterday I denied access and then allowed  again, and the syncing is working for now.  We'll see if it remains consistent.  This reminds me of building PC's in the 90's, and trying to determine who was at fault for IRQ's & DMA's not working well together.  Was it the Creative Labs sound card, or the serial card supporting the mouse and or tape drive?  😕

Best Answer

do you still experience problem syncing with fitbit?  mine sync stop working last week and I cannot get it to work.  I tried 3rd party re-authorized and log out and in on both wyze and fitbit also restart the phone.

Best Answer

Yes, syncing stopped for me last week as well. It's be nice to have a rep from Fitbit (and/or Wyze) would stop by an comment, with a response other than having to re-authorize and and restart the apps.

David

Best Answer

My data stopped syncing on Oct 27th.  I did the unauthorize/authorize process several times and nothing worked.

Best Answer

I realized what happened in my case.  The syncing stopped when I added a family member to the wyze scale account.  I removed the them and the app now syncs again with fitbit.  Not sure how to add another person and still sync with fitbit.

Best Answer

I've had a Wyze scale for a while now, but just got a Sense. It worked for me when I used the scale after setting up the sync.

Best Answer

Just got my Fitbit today.. I wish I had researched this topic before purchasing! I love my Wyze scale and wish it would work seamlessly with Fitbit

Best Answer

Yep, it's definitely an annoying problem.  I've removed permissions, re-authorized the apps, had updates applied and then go through the process of authorizing and re-authorizing, restarting the app, the phone, etc...  For such a seemingly simple exchange of data, it's very frustrating that it sometimes works and but mostly doesn't.  

Best Answer

It seems that the apps are syncing, but the Fitbit app is not calculating and displaying the information correctly. I still show the same weight that I entered manually, after using the scale. If you do an export of your logs to your email account,  you will see the correct data from the Wyze Scale. 

It seems to me, it is a Fitbit issue. Can someone from Fitbit look in to this. Or just come clean and say you are cutting off any competition. If that is the case, I will have to move over to the new Wyze product, which is much cheaper. 

Best Answer

Interesting

Best Answer

Can we get a Fitbit response to this????  Still a problem 1/17/21.

Best Answer

Still happening here too

Best Answer

Haha. What about SCSI ID'S or the ol' Autoexec.bat and config.sys!?

Best Answer

So ridiculous, I pay for what is supposed to be the best over 100 dollars even though there are 20 dollar options, sign up for premium.

I wake up this  am, took me all day to get Fitbit to sync with charge 4 now Wyze which was working wont work.  I'm tired of deleting and reinstalling.

Either Fitbit wants to stay a premium provider and offer support or ignore it's customers and blame it on iPhone or IOS.  Very disappointed.

Best Answer

Nevermind returning it.

Best Answer

Lol, totally!  

These vendors think we're all **ahem**s and can't figure out where the problem is.  The problem is with Fitbit.  They are trashing the connections to other vendors in hopes you'll purchase thier products, now that they are selling them.

I wouldn't buy another product from them, EVER, after seeing this self centered, evil behavior.  I'll go back to doing everything manually rather than support this kind of strategy. 

Best Answer

We almost agree with you! Sooo ridiculous!

Best Answer
0 Votes