Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty linking device from gym (Orange Theory) to Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having trouble linking my wife's HR device from her gym (Orange Theory) to fitbit. She's interested in having the data transferred over to fitbit so she can review and track her HR results over time on her fitbit dashboard. Is this possible?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I should add that I'm attempting to help her lync this device to her own fitibit profile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Were you able to get an answer on syncing with the Orange Theory HR monitor?  I have the same question as well.

Best Answer

@shellcase86 @jarison It's nice to see new faces around. I'm not sure if it's an app that you can link with Fitbit because I couldn't find it in the list of supported apps. However, you may want to contact them directly to see if they have more information. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
When I go to Orange Theory, I wear my FitBit Surge at the same time. No transferring of anything is then required. All of my data is in the Fitbit App.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JAndru A warm welcome to the Community! Currently, Orange Theory isn't a supported app yet. You may want to check the list of supported apps. That's the reason why you're not getting Fitbit data into Orange Theory. 

Thanks for your understanding!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wondering if you get conflicting data? My OTF says one thing and Fitbit Another....... like 300 calories of difference!🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @Blondie95! Currently, Orange Theory isn't listed as a supported app. However, Fitbit has a open API, so it's possible to link both applications but they may not be properly syncing. I would recommend to contact OTF directly for more information. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What setting are you using when you go to OT? I have a surge and am using the "workout" setting. I too am coming up with different calorie burn. I was wondering which setting would be the best to use when I am working out there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @silva6! I believe "workout" is the best option while you're doing OT, because of the exercises that you will do. 

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I also go to Orange theory, they are not asking about linking apps. At orange theory we use a heart rate monitor. we want to know if we can link the monitor to get the heart rate into the fitbit app. i use it flex 2 and it does not have a hr feature so it would be nice to get it from their monitor 

Best Answer

I would bet they don't sync since it is unavailable under the devices to set up. The OTF heart rate monitor is going to be the more accurate device while there since they have your profile set up & it knows exactly how hard you're working. You can, however, manually enter workouts into the Fitbit app in order to keep track of them. 

Best Answer

At the end of your OTF session, note down the calories reported on the OTF screen for you.

Then add these as a Workout in the Fitbit app (by going to Days Exercise this week; <+>; <LOG>; select “Aerobics” and enter the start time, duration and calories. 

Best Answer
0 Votes