Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync my facebook to my fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you sync a Facebook account to fit bit 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No the user is not prompted to connect to Facebook @edmck82. .When they go to there friends list there is an option to connect Facebook. 

As for Fitbit finding fitbit/facebook friends they also have to have their FB(facebook) connected to their FB(fitbit). 

When it comes to linking the two accounts, this think is strictly for finding friends. If you're looking to have your steps posted to Facebook you will need to use a third-party app such as IFTTT. 

When it comes to permission. you would go to your Fitbit settings - Apps. 

Fitbit.com, tap the settings cog, tap aplications. 

Or click on the.colored word permissions. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello sync my fit bit to faceboom

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Deedee64_ wrote:

Hello sync my fit bit to faceboom

What is it in Facebook that you want to have synced. The app can see your Facebook friends and if they have their Fitbit connected will let you know. 

Did you follow the help link instructions above? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich, 

I've seen this article listed several times as a solution with regards to this same question. Unfortunately, this furthers the confusion over syncing Fitbit with Facebook. This article is a primer to connect with your friends utilizing fitbit.com and the fitbit app?  I think the real question here is how to authorize Fitbit to integrate with Facebook. When navigating through fitbit.com, I was able to find FB friends that were not listed within the "show all tile" pane. Within the app, on my Android, I am unable to see those friends listed anywhere. Oddly enough, on fitbit.com, the suggested friends are friends that I'm already connected to. 

1.) Does the fitbit app during setup prompt the user to integrate with Facebook? If so, how does a user via fitbit.com or the app who is already utilizing the app go back(reverse engineer) to check and or reauthorize access to Facebook and vice versa for those settings? 

2.) With regards to "linking" Facebook to Fitibit, the article flagged as the solution is only for adding friends. Midway through the first moderator post it reads, "We are aware of an issue preventing Fitbit users from linking with their Facebook accounts". Can you please send the link to the knowledge document/article specifically dealing with this? The applications section within fitbit.com shows no authorized apps that are interacting with Fitbit (in my case). One solution thread online listed the "Sharing/Social Media" section as a solution? Really confusing and honestly, a bit more work than it should be.

I believe a Fitbit user whether they login with their own set credentials or using their Facebook logon credentials should be able to easily go into the fitbit.com dashboard and or the phone app, check to see if Facebook is authorized with Fitbit and easily scroll through friends who do and do not have Fitbit in place. Thanks.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/RESOLVED-Unable-to-link-with-Facebook-3-31-...

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

No the user is not prompted to connect to Facebook @edmck82. .When they go to there friends list there is an option to connect Facebook. 

As for Fitbit finding fitbit/facebook friends they also have to have their FB(facebook) connected to their FB(fitbit). 

When it comes to linking the two accounts, this think is strictly for finding friends. If you're looking to have your steps posted to Facebook you will need to use a third-party app such as IFTTT. 

When it comes to permission. you would go to your Fitbit settings - Apps. 

Fitbit.com, tap the settings cog, tap aplications. 

Or click on the.colored word permissions. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue, great info and this should be listed as the "answer" within the KB articles listed all over the internet. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

@Rich_Laue Thanks for coming in to help and answer questions. You are absolutely right.

@edmck82, glad to see that you have found those answers very helpful! If you have the time, please be sure to go through our Discussion boards. You can go there and talk about a lot of different things with other users,

Feel free to reach out if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all of that. I clicked on the colored Permissions and it took me to where I've been about 100 times tonight. The only applications that are showing are Alexa Skill and Apple. No option for Facebook. I just want to connect to Facebook to add my Fitbit/Facebook friends. That is it. I cannot do it. I've Googled. I've spent 2 or 3 hrs tonight searching the forums. Really frustrated!

Best Answer

On the app @Amyismyrealname 

• Press community
  • Press friends
  • Press the plus button
  • Tap Facebook at the top
  • Tap the prompt to connect Facebook

Any facebook friends that have connected to their Fitbit accounts will show up. You might find 1 or 2.

It may be easier to simply send a link to Your profile directly to your friends, or make a Fitbit post inviting friends to link up with you. Your post should include your profile link. https://www.fitbit.com/user/8HB8FZ

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, that isn't working for me. My friend on FB who has hers connected not
only didn't show up, but she sent me a request and I didn't get it. I had
to add her by email.

*Amy Wallace*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has the issue where once I get to the Connect to Facebook page in the app there's just the spinning wheel of doom next to the pink "Connect Facebook" bar and it never progresses from there. I've tried logging out and logging back in in both Fitbit and Facebook. I've also tried going online on my computer to fitbit.com/friends --> Connect with Facebook --> Continue with Facebook--> Please Enter Your Password to Continue and then NOTHING happens. No link pops up. It's SO FRUSTRATING!!! I've had a Fitbit for about 2 years and I have 4 friends because it's stupid and doesn't connect to contacts by phone number and it won't connect through Facebook. I just started getting into the challenges and I would really like to connect with more friends to do them but I can't because their Find Friends features suck.

Best Answer

When i follow these steps it says cannot link accounts, one of these accounts is already linked. When Iook at linked accounts under manage apps, facebook is not listed. I cannot add friends under the facebook options. Any suggestions? and yes I did log out and log back in and i rebooted the phone. I tried on the website with no luck either

Best Answer
0 Votes