Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digifit Exercise, Blaze Heart Rate Data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am just getting back to a program and have a Blaze. I also have a chest strap connected to Digifit (now FitDigits). I can record an exercise FitDigits and sync to the Fitbit app just fine. However, the heart rate recorded with the exercise in the Fitbit app is the measurement from the Blaze rather than the measurement from the chest strap as saved with the FitDigits exercise record.

The reason this matters to me is that I find  when I first start exercising the Blaze is wildly inaccurate compared to the chest strap for about 10 minutes, when it eventually starts matching more closely. For example, at one point (before 10 minute mark) I looked at the Fitdigits app and my Blaze at the same time. Chest strap was measuring 138 and Blaze was measuring 102. Sensors on treadmill matched chest strap, and physically I could tell that 102 was not correct. 😛 The end result of this is that the Blaze gave me an average BPM of 124 for the workout, whereas the chest strap showed my average BPM to be 141.    

I'm not clear on why Fitbit is displaying data sent from Digifit EXCEPT for the heart rate. It seems to me that when an exercise activity is being imported from a third party app, the Fitbit app should use ALL of that data rather than its own. 

Ideas? 

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@JustDucky62 thanks for joining us! Please note that when you're comparing the Heart Rate info between two different technologies (in this case Blaze and the chest strap), you'll get slightly different results since both technologies use different algorithms. As with all heart-rate tracking technology, whether a chest strap or a wrist-based sensor, accuracy is affected by personal physiology, location of wear, and type of movement.

In order to get the best out of your Blaze when motioning heart rate is wearing the tracker higher on your wrist during exercise. Because blood flow in your arm increases the farther up you go, moving the tracker up a couple inches can improve the heart rate signal. Also, many exercises such as push-ups cause you to bend your wrist frequently, which is more likely to interfere with the heart rate signal if the tracker is lower on your wrist. A restart might also do the trick here. Smiley Happy

Hey just out of curiosity, have you ever had Heart Rate info from Digifit before. If you had and then you're no longer able to see it, I recommend removing and reinstalling the apps and then unlinking them and then relinking them again; that might fix the problem. If you've never had this info showing, then it must be an agreement between Digifit and Fitbit to determine what data syncs over to your Fitbit account. If you keep having problems syncing your Digifit account with your Fitbit account, I then recommend contacting Digifit customer support directly. 

Hope this makes sense. Keep me posted with the outcome! Smiley Wink

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer