Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated app not syncing with MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated my app yesterday, and now my food diary from MyFitnessPal isn't syncing onto the Fitbit app. The steps seem to be syncing the other way (so MFP gets the info from Fitbit), but not the other way round. Any ideas? I have already restarted my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

My Fitbit charge 2 is not syncing with MyFitnessPal since yesterday either. Absolutely no syncing happening either way.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @xktstarx and @valid28 it's great to see you around.

If your Fitbit accounts are not syncing with your MFP accounts, I recommend following the instructions provided in this post.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Advice is of no use - still not working.

I find the new view on the food diary 'lame'!

Best Answer

I find that clicking on the knife and fork and clicking on the day helps with the syncing of food to MFA somewhat and makes it come up on the Dashboard. Water syncs the data similarly, but it does not appear on the Dashboard at all.

Hoping that in a couple of years the 'new and improved' Dashboard will be replaced by something that works. I can'r believe that this thing has been worked on for months and it still can't do the basics.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TJCN! A warm welcome to the Forums @Finicky!

@TJCN Thanks for sharing that workaround and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Be sure that it will not go unnoticed.

@Finicky, I'd recommend that you try to log off from both MFP and the Fitbit app and then log back in. Perhaps it could be an issue with the loaded information not showing up.

Please let me know how it goes.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all of the suggestions multiple times and my steps do not show up in My Fitness Pal.  No one has yet to explain why this is no longer working.  Fitbit did an update and the apps stopped talking to each other.  I have not changed any of my devices and this all worked completely fine until the update. 

Best Answer

Hello @valid28!

If the steps we mentioned aren't working at all, I'd recommend contacting MFP directly. They should be able to take a closer look into the situation.

If you do, please let us know how it goes. Hope to see you around.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

On March 21 I noticed that my steps from my Fitbit app weren't syncing with the myfitnesspal app. I didn't think anything of it. I hit the sync button on the myfitnesspal app and kept on going. The next day I realized that the food I logged onto the myfitnesspal app did not sync to the Fitbit app. I checked for updates and downloaded them. It still didn't work.

I uninstalled both apps on my phone. Then I revoked privileges connected to my account via desktop. I reinstalled the apps and it still didn't work.

I uninstalled again and powered off my phone. Turned it back on, installed the apps again and it still didn't work.

What is going on???

Best Answer
0 Votes

A very warm welcome to the Forums @MsPinkston!

In this case, getting in touch with MFP directly would be the best way to move forward. They should be able to take a closer look at why is the connection not working properly.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 
Tried the logoff/logon... it took about 30mins to get a connection between the two established and I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling MFP to get anywhere.

The MFP data displays on the dashboard very rarely despite pushing it from inside the app as I described.
It's at the point where I am not using the Fitbit dashboard at all because it is so flaky and I am going over my daily limit.

Am considering manually entering step/burn data from Fitbit into MFP to avoid the dashboard altogether.

As someone who opposed the change to the new dashboard, I can only say "I told you so!".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @TJCN!

Thank you very much for your feedback, please know that it is not going unnoticed. 

As for the situation with MFP, the workaround you mentioned is definitely a viable option. Manually entering the information would make sure that you get everything accurately and in order to continue reaching all of your goals.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta isn't updating with MFP as well. When I change MFP to track my steps through my iPhone, it tracks my steps. I feel like the issue is with FitBit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stepping into the Community @only1kena

If you have already tried to disconnect the accounts and then linking them once again, the issue could be in the connection of the two. I'd still recommend contacting MFP and checking what is going on from their end.

If you do, please let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes