Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need MFP?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had a quick look through the community boards, but can't find anything relevant, so hopefully I'm not duplicating a question already answered somewhere.

When I first bought my tracker I saw everywhere that people were talking about connection My Fitness Pal to log their food, so I did the same.  Now I've had the tracker for a couple of weeks and have looked deeper into the settings and options & such, I see that I can actually log my food on the tracker itself. So my question is, do I actually need the MFP app as well?  I'd rather not have two apps doing a job that one can do itself. 

It seems like a silly question, but I can't see any other mention of this anywhere, so am wondering if I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You don't need to use MFP and can, as you say, log your food and activities in the fitbit app.

However, the fitbit food database is not as good as the MFP food database in some countries, e.g. where I am in the UK, and some of us find it easier to log food in MFP and have it sync across to fitbit.

I too would prefer to use just the one app but food logging is a pain at the best of times and I'll go for anything that makes it easier.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

You don't need to use MFP and can, as you say, log your food and activities in the fitbit app.

However, the fitbit food database is not as good as the MFP food database in some countries, e.g. where I am in the UK, and some of us find it easier to log food in MFP and have it sync across to fitbit.

I too would prefer to use just the one app but food logging is a pain at the best of times and I'll go for anything that makes it easier.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply, Steve.
Maybe I'll keep MFP as well for the time being then as I'm in the UK too. Having said that, I find MFP a bit awkward at times regarding the measures. It seems that they want to measure most things in cups, which isn't something I'm familiar with. You're certainly right about logging food being a pain.

Is it possible to use both? I wonder if I could use Fitbit for most of the logging, but use MFP for the things that Fitbit doesn't recognise. I guess I'll have to see how that goes. Wouldn't want to confuse the system. 

Thanks again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess using both should work but I can't say I've tried it. Check things carefully if you do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use both Fitbit and MFP. I'm in the UK and tend to find the Fitbit's food database doesn't have as much choice or options as MFP. That's why I still use both.

Ionic & Aria, Blaze (retired), Alta (retired), Surge (retired), Charge HR (retired), One (retired), Classic (retired) | Microsoft Surface | Google Pixel 2XL Android FitBit App
Best Answer
0 Votes