Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know the difference between Fitbit and Peloton data?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering if anyone knows about the difference between Fitbit and Peloton exercise tracking. When I track on my Fitbit and Peloton the numbers are always different, including active minutes and time in heart rate zones. Which one is more likely to be accurate because I would like to do one vs. both. Thanks!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @mccanndj may I ask what tracker you have? 

Have you linked Fitbit to Peloton? 

The newer trackers messure Active Zone Minutes, not Active Minutes which may explain the difference. 

I didn't see any comoarason data in your post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @mccanndj, welcome to the community forums! @Rich_Laue, it's great to see you around and I appreciate your input! 

As @Rich_Laue mentioned, some Fitbit devices track active minutes. Devices like the Versa 3, Charge 4, Inspire 2, Ionic, and Sense track Active Zone minutes. 

If you have a Fitbit device that tracks Active Zone minutes, then please note that you earn 2 Active Zone Minutes for each minute you’re in the cardio or peak zones. You can also check: What are Active Zone Minutes or active minutes on my Fitbit device?

So, if you check through the link, for more intense workouts, such as spinning, interval training, or running, the number of Active Zone Minutes you earn might exceed the length of your workout. For example, if you go for a run for a total of 20 minutes and spend 10 minutes in the fat burn zone and 10 minutes in the cardio or peak zones, you earn 30 Active Zone Minutes.

The recommendation is to perform an intense workout for at least 10 minutes without stopping. If you stop, then it will not have credit for your active zone.

Hope this helps! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

Your zone might be different according to Peloton vs. Fitbit. For example, Fitbit might say that you've started earning zone minutes when your heart rate is above 125 bpm, but Peloton might say 130 or 115, etc. I don't have Peloton, but I know that zones can be different according to what is automatically recorded or what you prefer. 

Best Answer