Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my Fitbit sync with Ideal Protein?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm currently doing the Ideal Protein Diet and am trying to synchronize my Fitbit Blaze to it but it's not syncing.  Does it not pair with the Ideal Protein?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

While i don't know anythinh anout this fad diet, i assume they have a website and a user account associated with it.

Im not sure if they have set a connection to Fitbit up yet, have you asked them?

You say you did connect the below is an idea of what this would involve.

To connect to Fitbit you will need to through your account on their website. Someplace there would be a page where you would start the connection to your fitbit account. You then will be directed to fitbit to say this is ok.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for getting back to me on this...I have been informed
that they haven't connected with FitBit as of yet, but do plan to in the
very near future.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I am in ideal protein now too! I can’t get my fit bit to sync with ideal protein app, (they use a smart band) is there any way to sync yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This really is a question to ask Ideal Protein. Fitbit has an open API which will allow and website/App to connect up to your Fitbit account .

The fact that third parties do not need to request permission from Fitbit means that there are many more sites that connect to Fitbit. then the small list Fitbit is aware off .

To get an answer I would contact Ideal Protein, doing a quick search I see.It was confirmed the answer was no back in August of 2017. 

Best Answer
I am no longer in Ideal Protein and I’m not sure if it does or not. You’d
have to ask your coach about that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I there everyone, good to see you @SunsetRunner and @Rich_Laue. Let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @Mommylou.

Indeed, at the moment there are no further information of an official integration with Ideal Protein and  Fitbit that I'm able to confirm. As @Rich_Laue mentioned before; there are tons of apps that use our Open API to integrate their service with ours. So, the best way to tell if an app is compatible with Fitbit is to go to the third party site (or app) and poke around their settings to see if you can connect Fitbit.

You can also browse their site for information or contact the app developer and ask if they integrate with Fitbit or if there is an opportunity of a future implementation.

In our Feature suggestion board there is a request to make this integration possible: Ideal Protein. You might want to take a look if you are interested @Mommylou. Keep in mind the idea, is quite new and may take time to be implemented if align with our future plans. Nonetheless you can vote for this idea and add your comments. We look forward to reading your feedback. 

See you all around and take care!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update on this topic.

The Ideal Protein IdealSmart app does now partially sync with the Fitbit. Essentially, you can transfer the steps data over but not sleep, etc.

First, in the PC app, go to My Profile, then click Devices. You can add your Fitbit there.

Sync the Fitbit, then in the IdealSmart app (on Android), from the home page, scroll to Steps, then press Sync/Add Steps.

The steps are likely similar on other platforms.

At the local place, they stopped offering their version because most clients already had a Fitbit. The Fitbit had more features i was interested in so I got one.

Best Answer
0 Votes