Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitStar Desktop - Calories count difference

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there

I use Fitstar on the desktop  and I use the stop watch on the charge HR for more heart data.

I note that the two seesions are synced, which is fine, but the calorie count on the hr is higher than the fitstar recording, neither of which relate to the calories stated by the desktop app.

Any ideas / help?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Mbf, good to see you around in our community. There is a difference between the calories of Fitstar and the calories your tracker is reading. The calories from Fitstar are determined by the type of session you are doing for a pre-established amount of the calories you will burned in certain workout sessions.

With your tracker is going to be higher, since your tracker is reading all your effort from start to end using the Heart rate monitor as other data that complement the calories burned. Usually when I do my sessions I use the exercise mode of my tracker too and the calories burned are higher with my tracker since additional to the Fitstar sessions, I walk around and all this subtle movements will be recorded by your tracker and also will depend of the duration of the activity logged with your tracker.

Fits.png

As you can see in my session was for chest and was for an average of 178 calories but the activity of my tracker count steps and was longer that the session of Fitstar, reason why I have more calories.

Hope this example helps and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Mbf, good to see you around in our community. There is a difference between the calories of Fitstar and the calories your tracker is reading. The calories from Fitstar are determined by the type of session you are doing for a pre-established amount of the calories you will burned in certain workout sessions.

With your tracker is going to be higher, since your tracker is reading all your effort from start to end using the Heart rate monitor as other data that complement the calories burned. Usually when I do my sessions I use the exercise mode of my tracker too and the calories burned are higher with my tracker since additional to the Fitstar sessions, I walk around and all this subtle movements will be recorded by your tracker and also will depend of the duration of the activity logged with your tracker.

Fits.png

As you can see in my session was for chest and was for an average of 178 calories but the activity of my tracker count steps and was longer that the session of Fitstar, reason why I have more calories.

Hope this example helps and keep me posted how it goes.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply, why should we have the sessison linked then?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mbf and I have to apology for my late reply. Answering your question, when you link your account is for this count your calories from other activities that your tracker is not designed for. Let say that you are not wearing your tracker or you use Mobile Track instead of a tracker. Is at this moment when associating both account is pretty helpful. Whit this I'm not saying that Fitstar is inaccurate or the associate between accounts is not working. Is just as we talked before, your tracker will detect more movement that by consequence will give you more calories than just a simple session in Fitstar which will calculate your calories based on a combination of your weight, height, age, gender, and the moves in a session.

See ya later my friend.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the help.

Best Answer
0 Votes