Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Activities not syncing to MapMyFitness

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love my Fitbit but am ready to trade it in if this isn't resolved. None of my logged workouts (Activities) that don't contain GPS sync to any 3rd party. My preference is MapMyFitness or Strava. I recently learned that the Garmin Vivo Active does do this, automating the whole process. It has been a couple years now, and I am very frustrated that steps / activities are still not able to sync when other competitors products do. 

Please advise, because this is the deciding factor on whether I switch to Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @tabyfaye, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! It's important to mention as much as we love to have you around and you are part of the Fitbit family, we are not the developers of the integration of the third party apps. Many of this services despite are officially supported are not made by Fitbit, hence we dont have authority to implement changes in the integrations of other apps. For more details please visit: Third Party Apps - FAQ.

About MFP and Strava they work in different way. With Strava exercises recorded with Fitbit's app or devices that do not include GPS data are NOT currently sent to Strava.

Your Fitbit stats and dashboard can integrate with MyFitnessPal by exchanging data. 

What syncs?

Fitbit > Steps > MFP
Fitbit > Calories > MFP
Fitbit > Aria measurements > MFP
MFP > Logged food > Fitbit
MFP > Activities > Fitbit

Activities recorded with MFP will appear in your Fitbit Dashboard as manually log exercises. For more details please take a look to our dedicated post here.

Thank you for your understanding about third party apps and I really hope you stay within the Fitbit family!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes