Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App and MyFitnessPal App not syncing everything

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So for some reason my Fitbit app is not pulling the water or excersise informaiton over from my MyFitnessPal app. I also when onto the webistes and checked from there and they show the same results. No exercises or water I have recorded in MyFitnessPal have been syncing over to Fitbit. Anyone else having this problem? I have already tried unlinking and relinking the apps and unistalling and reinstalling both apps but nothing has worked.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes I have tried multiple times. I have contacted Fitbit Support and they said it is a MyFitnessPal issue so now I am working with them to get things resovled. Thank you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15
Bumping this in hopes of getting a response.
Best Answer

Hello @ashowers36 It's great to see you around! Have you tried to revoke access from MyFitnessPal to Fitbit and then link them again? 

Let me know if this helps! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Yes I have tried multiple times. I have contacted Fitbit Support and they said it is a MyFitnessPal issue so now I am working with them to get things resovled. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ashowers36 thanks for your reply! Keep me posted about the resolution from MyFitnessPal. 

Catch you later! 🙂 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

AngelaFitbit,

I am having issues syncing my fitbit with myfitnesspal. I have just started using the myfitnesspal app so I have never synced with them before. It is a fitbit issue because everytime I try to sync with it I get an error from fitbit.com that says Sorry...It's not you. It's us.  I chatted with someone about three days ago and they said they were aware of it and working on it. I expected it to be resolved by now. Any suggestions? I'm participating in a weight loss program right now and would really like this sync to work.

Thanks,

Sandy

Best Answer
I am also having the same problem. I'm following in hopes that this gets resolved.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @foxymama3 and @Arobinson13 welcome to the Fitbit Community! I would like to ask if you have tried to clear cookies and cache on your computer and then restart it to see if you are able to connect with MFP?  Also if possible please provide me a screenshot of the error you are receiving so I can further investigate. 

I'll be around if you have any questions! 😉

Best Answer

I cleared the cookies on my phone (and unfortunately because I use iCloud it cleared everything on my computer, too!) and was able to link the two apps. Thank you. And sorry, but I didn't take a screenshot of the message before I did this.

Best Answer
Since my app update yesterday, my Fitbit app is not communicating with My Fitness Pal app. It is not updating my steps or my exercise. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?!
Best Answer
Yes, I had that problem yesterday at the Y. My Flex buzzed when I passed 10K steps, but My Fitness Pal on my iPhone continued to read 7483 steps. Once I came home my Flex apparently synched with my iPad ad the iPhone then updated.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kmm04005 welcome to the Fitbit Community! I moved your post to this thread since it's more related to the topic. Please try the troubleshoot advised on this post.  @hmmathis thanks for your cooperation! 

Let me know if this helps! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

I'm also having the step issue and when I try to revoke my fitbit connection on myfitnesspal it doesn't let me do it. I can click on disconnect and the button will change to connect, but when I go out of that screen and come back it the button has changed back to disconnect again. It also is still a choice for my steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @foxymama3 are you experiencing issues with the information on the tracker and the app not matching? If you are experiencing this issues please make sure to sync your Fitbit, this way the information on the tracker will transfer to your account.  Also did clearing cookies and cache didn't solve the issue with the disconnect button? 

Looking forward to your reply! 

Best Answer
I cleared my cookies and I was able to connect with MyFitnessPal. My issue now is my steps don't transfer from Fitbit to MyFitnessPal and according to them they won't transfer until midnight which is ridiculous because you need them to know what how many calories you can consume based on your exercise.
The issue I am having though is Fitbit is only recommending I have way under 1000 calories. The first attachment is my screen for today via fitbit with my steps recorded. The second one is for the same food I consumed and the calories allowed for MapMyFitness which doesn't include any exercise because the Fitbit steps hasn't been transferred over yet. How can I be 272 calories over for Fitbit and still have 208 calories without any exercise on MapMyFitness?
Thank you for your help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @foxymama3! I'm not able to see the atachments you mentioned. I would suggest to contact our support team they can take a look at your tracke's back-end information and provide you personalized assistance. 

Let me know how it goes! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes