Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 4 did not upload to Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 4 appears not to have uploaded my data to strava today. Any bright ideas why. How can I upload manually?

Moderator edit: format and label. 

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

It's not as simple as Strava claims it to be...but first and foremost, unless you want to input the data manually (which won't capture the GPS/heart rate, etc.), you will need to plug the Fitbit into your computer, and download/save the actual file that contains the activity data. It should save as a file with a .tcx extension, if I remember correctly. 

Once you have the file saved to your computer, navigate to Strava's website via a regular browser (NOT THE APP), login, and click on the + sign to upload an activity.(the + is located at the top right of the window, near your profile picture). Then you will want to click "File" to attach and upload the actual activity file. Once the file upload is complete, you will have the opportunity to edit the activity title, etc. Voila! Should work 🙂  

Best Answer
Thank you very much 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello

This  happened to me yesterday and it was because the battery had died but was unable to upload manually 

today I did test and it uploaded automatically and was very happy 

it will only upload to Strava if the workout was gps and that you have allowed access for Strava to access your workouts 

hope  it helps 

deb 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope this helps in addition to my other message 

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1133

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lizzie, you can also export the TCX file straight from the Fitbit app, not necessarily needing to connect to computer (forgot that initially). It’s also worth noting that so long as I’ve ever owned a Fitbit, it has NEVER been able to automatically sync to Strava, and I’ve tried with both Android operated mobile devices and iPhones. I don’t know how people have that ability...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I am connected to Strava but I don’t think GPS was on 🙄🤭

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi @Lizzie47 you say it did not upload to Strava?

Was this "it" a run or bike ride recorded with GPS?

You did use the Run or Bike mode? Not outdoor workout or intervals?

I've also moved your non Charge 4 question to the third party app board.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. It was a walk. As it has been working fine I think on this occasion it was user error! Forgot to put GPS on. Charge 4 battery may say battery life of 7 days but only with GPS off so for that reason I only put GPS on when I am about to do an activity. Thanks for bothering to answer though, much appreciated.
Liz

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the ionic and have downloaded the strava app(have the one that’s on the watch and downloaded for my phone (iPhone 7). I have tried to get my runs to go to strava, but nothing does. The app in the ionic says authorized and I linking the Fitbit to the app on my phone, but nothing is working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and same thing. The strava app on the ionic doesn’t even have my runs listed, but they show up on the Fitbit app. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @TMichaels.

I am sorry to hear your runs won't sync to Strava. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. Please know that only GPS data recorded with Fitbit device is synced to the Strava app. The following types of activities won't sync to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities 
  • Previous activities that weren’t tracked by Strava.
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

You can confirm the steps to connect Fitbit and Strava accounts and find more information about Strava at How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

By the way, I've moved your post to Third-Party Integrations board so we can keep our forums organized.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for you input. Nothing that I use the GPS on the ionic is linking to strava, but the same runs will show up in the Fitbit app. The GPS is working just don’t know why not going to Strava. Not sure if I should just delete the ionic and try to reinstall it?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TMichaels have you linked your Syrava account to your Fit bj it account.

As for the Strava app on the watch. This is a mini dashboard. Go to thre apps loaded onto the tracker, find Strava, tap settings SMS lid into your Strava account

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I too have the same issue as well as others. I have patiently awaited the release of a Fitbit with built in GPS (I had a Fitbit a few years ago). I am totally disappointed with my Charge 4 on every level. I have spent hours following advise and procedures without achieving any success. I would have returned it to the retailer, if I was able to at the time. I have linked it to Strava, but no synching takes place, the battery does not last longer than 36 hours and the settings have changed on occasion without me having done so. In SA Apple stores have disassociated themselves from Fitbit and this makes me wonder why?

I would not recommend it to anyone. Perhaps I should have kept my Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The battery lasts much longer if the GPS is off. I keep mine off as it is pretty hopeless

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The Charge 4 has 3 types of GPS and a anotger related setting. 

Internal GPS with a high and low power setting. 

GLONASS an alternative method. Seems to connect faster and slightly less power. 

The phones GPS, uses more phone power, less power on battery. 

After using GPS of any type, it is recommended to top off the battery on the tracker. 

GPS will only get turned on at the request if the user during the recording of a run, walk, or bike event. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a reason why Strava will not upload the 'outdoor work out' option on the fitbit even when gps is enabled ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for delay , from memory when this happened to me it was to do with the GPS in the actual fit bit 

it should be 

under settings from your charge 4

gps mode - built in

Glonass - on 

hope that helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Scottyp21 yes there is a reason. 

Only walks, runs, and bike rides are sent to Strava. 

Or if you can export your outdoor GPS data, then yes you should be able to import this data into Strava. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. I 'upgraded' from a charge 2 that never gave a problem. The charge 4 constantly loses connected phone gps and I have tried all the recommendations to improve things. The dynamic and built in GPS is really unusable as the battery life with that gps is poor and the quality of gps isn't brilliant. Thank goodness for strava on my phone that never loses the gps and now I record all gps activities on strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes