Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 4 did not upload to Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 4 appears not to have uploaded my data to strava today. Any bright ideas why. How can I upload manually?

Moderator edit: format and label. 

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

@Survey turn please use the built in GPS or the GLONASS options

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich_laue. Why turn on glonass with connected gps to phone? Fitbit don't recommend this unless using built-in gps. Even with Glonass and built-in or dynamic gps, connection is very often lost. As I said thank goodness for strava that never seems to lose gps. It's very disappointing. Fitbit OK for counting steps but can't be relied upon to accurately record gps exercises. I note from lots of posts from Furbit themselves that they were aware of this issue last year but of course they have done nothing to sort it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Survey why not use a proper tag when wanting to tag someone. 

You say that your connected GPS with the phone is not working correctly. Your Charge 4 has 3 options for recording your location. 

Connected gps is only one of them. 

Built in gps (operated by the USA) is a second option. 

GPS uses a lot of battery. The study my brother was a part of determined that the phones display is the only device on the phone that uses more energy than the GPS. 

There is a 3rd option, GLONASS, (Russia's version of a location service) uses less battery, people also say this option gets a faster lock, Glonass is more accurate in mountainous locations. 

No one said that you have to use any specific type. I simply said that you have 3 options, if one isn't working for you, there are two more options that can be tried. 

When it comes to reception, the size of the antenna makes a big difference. 

Of course fitbit can not rec cinema GLONASS with the connected GPS. GPS is the USA version, GLONASS is the Russia version and connected GPS doesn't offer the option to use GLONASS. 

Many Charge 4 users have fouling that GLONASS to be stable, quicker to get a position lock, and more dependable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich,

Understand all that you have said. Still doesn't alter the fact that fitbit loses a gos connection whichever gps mode is selected with or without glonass. My fitbit charge 2 never lost the connected phone gps but this charge 4 is dire. I did read other posts in 2020 where fitbit themselves said they are aware of the issue and hope to do something about it, but of course they don't really care.  As I said thank goodness for strava that records the exercises without dropping phone gps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes