Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Heart Rate and Vitality Wellness Program

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I specifically purchased the Fitbit to not only track my steps, but to get the most out of my workout by tracking my heart rate/calories during a workout. My company's wellness program is managed by Vitality. I understand that Fitbit will not release our heart rate/calories burned to Vitality to receive our fitness points. If we're accurately tracking our heart rate/calories using a fitness device (Fitbit) during a workout, but not receiving the credit for it for our wellness program, I guess I need to return my Fitbit and let everyone else in our company (10,000 people) know that we can't track our calories accurately and receive credit points. 

Is there anyway this can be remedied?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello there @MarshaPhoenix, let me give you a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! Thank you for your feedback about the integration with Vitality wellness program. Is true that the heart rate wont be transferred to your wellness program.

Fitbit and Vitality are actively working to integrate as quickly as possible this option. Once this integration is available and more updates arise we will communicate it to all of Vitality’s Fitbit users via our social media channels.

Since your Fitbit tracker has the functionality to record heart rate data. The Fitbit and Vitality platforms will soon be integrated for heart rate tracking, as you mentioned this is an important part of your daily exercise. Before this integration becomes available, Vitality members will be able to earn up to 100 Vitality points for tracking steps; fitness points for heart rate cannot yet be allocated.

It’s great that you’re improving your health and wellbeing through exercise and I hope you continue to do so while we work to improve the Fitbit experience.

For more questions, feel free to visit the online Vitality support page: www.discovery.co.za > Vitality > Vitality Support.

See you later and hope this helps. Thank you for your patince.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoMEI'm still waiting for this as well, when is the integration planned?  I will have to return my Fitbit and not recommend it to our 5,000+ company.  Thanks.

Best Answer

Is there any update on this? It is insurance open enrollment time, and I need to let the people at my company know whether or not fitbit will help them earn the most points possible or if they should go with a Polar tracker. I have a hard time believing that Fitbit and Vitality have been working hard on this for a year without any progress.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This feature has been continuously requested on these forums for years. Why isn't Fitbit working with Vitality to make this happen?

It's completely unfair to Fitbit users that Vitality is selectively ignoring the data that is being collected. Fitbit should be pissed. Everyone in my company is buying Fitbit devices and returning them because they don't work as advertised with Vitality.

Best Answer

It has been a year since your post stating that Fitbit and Vitality are working as quickly as possible to integrate heart rate data; when can we expect this functionality? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been tracking this for a while now. I've had 3 different fitbits over the years, and I've been on Vitality with my company for 3 years now.... everyone of which I have not been allow to use my heart rate to track exercise. I am primarily a cyclist, which means steps are completely useless. 

The good news is that there are other heart rate monitor options that are accepted by Vitality. I cannot change the what my company uses, but I can change the device I use. I've been a loyal Fitbit customer for a while, and I have even purchased devices as gifts for others. If Fitbit continues to deny access by the time I'm ready to purchase another device, I will fire them, and not use them again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit does not export historical heart rate data to any other platform, as far as I am aware (although it syncs daily heart rate data with Strava and a few others). It's actually crazy.

Unless FitBit is incredibly incompetent, which I doubt, the only reason I can think of for not allowing us to transfer OUR OWN data is to keep users captive if they ever wish to change devices and platforms.

While I really like the FitBit app, the sleep tracking algorithms and I am generally satisfied with my Versa, I cannot recommend FitBit to others because of FitBit's data transfer policies. 

Best Answer
0 Votes