Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic MPH decrepency when uploaded to Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Example of the issue, yesterday bike ride with the misses, my Fitbit dashboard shows 9.9 mph, then when synced with Strava and shows 8.3 mph, huge difference. I had 3 devices recording yesterdays ride, Garmin 200 edge, Strava on an android phone and my Fitbit Ionic all agreed mph as 9.9 but as mentioned above once uploaded from Fitbit to Strava showing 8.3 mph. Auto Pause is activated on the Fitbit.

During the ride we stopped for a cuppa and the data sent to Strava from my Fitbit appears to be including this time, which has increased the ride time and hence why Strava has calculated the a lower mph. Fitbit obviously holds the correct ride time, but appears to be sending "total activity time" to Strava rather than "ride time"

I have been monitoring this issue for several weeks and have tried all the previous "revoking access" and reconnecting devices but still the issue persists. Needless to say that the mph's agree providing you don't stop for a cuppa.

Moderator edit: labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Community @UIRD01!

Thanks for trying to disconnect and reconnect the apps.

In this case I'd say that contacting Strava would be the best way to go about given that the details change once they are moved to their platform. These integrations are developed by the third parties so they should be able to take a closer look at what is going on.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes