Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal and FitStar

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone!  I just got a new Charge and am liking it so far.  I've synced up the Charge, MyFitnessPal and FitStar.  What I'm trying to figure out is how to track everything without it duplicating anything.  Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere but I've only found information on syncing two of the three apps in various topics so figured I should just ask.  

I'm only logging food in MFP.  What I don't know is if the three apps "talk" to each other to avoid duplicating the calories-burned readings for exercise.  So where should I log exercise?  If I do a FitStar session, should I take the Charge off while I'm doing it so the Charge doesn't double-count the calories burned?  If I do a workout on the elliptical, do I keep the Charge on and just not enter it in MFP and let the Fitbit calorie adjustment on MFP take care of it?  So confused...

I hope this makes sense.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@BlueAurora Welcome to the Community! It's great to hear that you're loving your Charge. You're not going to duplicate anything as soon as you log just one thing in each app, meaning that if you log food in MFP you shouldn't log it in Fitbit because MFP will sync that food to Fitbit and there will be a calorie adjustment made to show the same amount of calories burned in both. 

You should log activities that aren't step based using FitStar such as tennis or yoga and continue using your Fitbit tracker to track your steps, distance and calories burned. You can learn more about logging activities by checking this article How do I track my exercise and activities with Fitbit?. Also, here is this article Which apps can I use to track and share my FitStar activity?

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear @SilviaFitbit, I have the same issue...

I understand your answer.. and yes, it works.. but the thing is:

measuring the calories with the fitbit is way more efficient than taking the calores burned from fitstar app...(that's my idea about it, i may be wrong)... therefore, it would be intelligent if we could do it without having to "choose" one or another.. 

Fitstar calories not always tells the truth.. it depends how hard you really engage on your fitstar exercise...

is there anything to do? or really just choose one or another?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lhdamiani A warm welcome to the Community! Thanks for those details. When you're using different apps and you log activities on them and on Fitbit, the data will be override. So, if you used your tracker while doing "Yoga" and later you log it in FitStar or any other third party app; that data will be override. 

Thanks for your understanding. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes