Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Not Logging Sleep Correctly through IFTTT Applet

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've used this applet (https://ifttt.com/applets/TQnuW59f) for years to log my sleep in RescueTime. There was some major Fitbit error back in June, and the applet hasn't worked correctly since.

I've already worked with the IFTTT team, and they were super helpful, but they can only do so much since Fitbit controls the API. IFTTT has asked me to post the problem here.

This is the problem: The applet will log my first "round" of sleep every night, but then it won't log anything after that ... even though Fitbit does show all my "rounds" of sleep for the night combined, Fitbit isn't relaying this info through the applet anymore. This applet used to match Fitbit data every day, but now it doesn't. Please fix!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

My issue is that sleep gets logged on the wrong day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, ditto. The "new sleep logged" trigger seems to only fire once a day, not for each sleep, so subsequent sleep segments (e.g. if I wake up in the middle of the night, or take an afternoon nap) won't get triggered on IFTTT.

Best Answer

@Brak87@Rich_Laue Hi there. 

@stephthegeek Welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. I appreciate your reports, our team is investigating this issue, as soon as I have more updates, I'll make sure to share them with you. 

Thanks for your understanding. See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much Silvia! I've been a Fitbit user since the original Kickstarter waist clip 🙂

When IFTTT applets stopped working this summer, re-creating them fixed that, but the not-firing-on-multiple-sleeps issue has been there since I started using IFTTT with Fitbit a couple years ago. 

Best Answer

@stephthegeek Thank you for getting back.

Glad to hear that you've been a Fitbit user since a while ago, I remember I used to love the Fitbit One. As soon as I have updates, I'll post them here. 

Have a nice day. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer