Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit & Myfitnesspal Exercise Log

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why doesn't Myfitnesspal acknowledge the exercise recorded/tracked on my fitbit for walks and/or runs?  Should I log them onto Myfitnesspal instead of my fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@smaaser A warm welcome to the Community! If you log activities in MFP you don't need to log them in Fitbit, you can find more information about it here

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

MFP only shows Fitbit steps, weight and body fat (if using the Aria scale). However, it does count any calories burned from logged activities. I only use MFP for food tracking as it has a much larger data base. I manually log any workouts at Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@smaaser A warm welcome to the Community! If you log activities in MFP you don't need to log them in Fitbit, you can find more information about it here

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got done working out and looked at my fitbit it said I had over 5,000 steps and I even got the badge email stating that. However when it synced with my fitness pal it took away my steps and now only reads 2,000.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand how Fitbit and Myfitnesspal work.  They clearly communicate with each other, but it seems like there is duplication of activity.  I logged 30 minutes of walking on MFP, but Fitbit is counting steps.  What type of activity can my Flex fitbit track?  What should I log on MFP?

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner That's a great question! You don't need to log activities that are step based because your tracker was made for that. Any other activity that requires more than just steps like tennis or yoga should be log in your Dashboard in order to improve the accuracy of this activity's contribution to your caloric burn. 

Best Answer

I just had the same thing happen to me!

Best Answer

So glad to have you in the Fitbit Community @dt2733 

I've moved both your and @Susiesebben posts to a relevant thread where users are experiencing something similar. What's important to note is that only tracker data counts towards badges. Like @SilviaFitbit said above ^^^, manually logging an activity is recommended for activities where step count isn't the best representation of caloric burn (ie P90x or Pilates). For more information about manually logged activities and badges click here.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, so logging a walk shouldn't be happening because the Charge does that already.  That makes sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my account linked with MyFitness Pal.  After I work out, I show 2 logged exercise entries on my FitBit account.  My calories burned gets synced with MFP and it subtracks the calories from my daily calorie allowance.  It seems like then MFP sends the info back to Fitbit and it gets logged as 2 workouts when I only completed one.  I am having to delete the extra workout from my account each time.

Best Answer

I'm seeing the same thing - after a day it seems like FitBit 'cleans up' the record and only one appears.  But, newest problem is it doesn't seem to synch after the latest android update (11/22?) - so my workout I looked in MyFitnessPal this morning is still not showing in the Fitbit log.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also have not had any of my workouts logged using My Fitness Pal sync with my Fitbit app. It syncs my food logged though...not my workouts. Frustrating!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@jilldenise1 It's great to have you here! It's weird that your activities aren't syncing to Fitbit. I would like you to unlink and relink both account. You can do this by doing the following: 

- Go to your Dashboard > click on settings > Applications > click on revoke access below MyFitnessPal. 

Also, to make sure that your activities are syncing please go to your Dashboard > Log > activities. If any of those has the word "MyFitnessPal" below then your activities are syncing. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've read through so many of these 'MFP Sync Issues with Fitbit' threads and sadly have no resolve so I'll add my own comment here.

Since getting my Fitbit, I've never managed to have my exercises sync with MFP correctly despite my previous Garmin tracker doing this without issues.

I've tried unlinking both Fitbit to MFP and MFP to Fitbit, waiting 15m and re-linking both. However the same issue. I always use my Ionic watch to track my workouts and this displays absolutely fine within Fitbit showing the start/stop time and cals burned although it never shares this information with MFP which is very disappointing.

Also, just want to clarify that if you then try to manually add the exercise in MFP yourself, this ends up duplicating it within Fitbit. This basically means that you are always going to have incorrect information in either MFP (if you don't manually enter it) or Fitbit (if you manually enter the workout into MFP)

Honestly, this is verging on a dealbreaker for me as I use MFP for everything - I only replaced my Garmin tracker because I heard such good things about Fitbit but this is really making me want to revert back 😞 is it not possible to just track what information is being sent to MFP and if for some reason exercises are not, get that fixed?

All MFP requires is (Minutes of Workout) and (Cals Burned) 

I just can't understand how this information is not being transferred over from Fitbit to MFP.

Best Answer

I completely agree and wish this could be fixed!!!

Best Answer

How come When I log a workout I recorded on my Fitbit into MyFitnessPal it puts the workout into fitbit for a second time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok I just got the charge 3.

I did a circuit training exercise and chose "exercise " on the watch itself. It logged this exercise on my Fitbit app . This named exercise does not show up on my fitness pal. How is it registering the calories burned from fitbit on mfp? Why don't I see the labelled or chosen exercise?

Best Answer

I dont track them in MFP I want my exercise tracked by my fitbit causs I wear it when working out I just want it to link to MFP so all my calories and Macros will be correct 

Best Answer
0 Votes