Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Running Apps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any plans to sync fitbit with some of the outside running apps such as runkeeper,aaptiv, etc that have preloaded running workouts that can be synced with the watch so runners do not have to carry their phones to perform the workout. 

Or is there a plan to develop an app for the fitbit that has these preloaded runs established?

Ryan

Moderator edit: label

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @RyanCKennedy, nice to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community! There some third party apps that can be integrate with Fitbit specifically for running exercises, however I'm wondering what you are referring to pre-load running workouts?

I know there are some third party apps like Strava and MapMyRun available to integrate with your Fitbit account and are officially supported. Also an app that you mentioned and is compatible too is Runkeeper. I have linked each integration with more details if you are interest to learn more details.

Now about the fact of carrying the phone while you are running and the suggestion of an app with pre-loaded running workouts, I can understand it can be a little bit uncomfortable. however some of our highest end trackers like the Surge or the new Fitbit Ionic are capable to read your GPS routes without the need of your phone, incorporating GPS built in to the tracker.

The Fitbit Ionic has the ability to integrate with Strava right in the watch without the need of your phone, so it can be an alternative from what you are looking for.

Hope this information helps and if you have more questions feel free to let me know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Roberto

Thank you for the information, i wanted to clear up when I said pre-loaded running workout I was referring to certain apps that are used on phones have a predetermined run loaded ( ie: run 3 miles then finish with four 30 second sprints that have a set recovery phase and will alert you when switching to each phase), I hope that makes sense. I would really like to be able to have these runs already available on the watch so it could take place vs having to take my phone to provide alerts.

I can always look into strava and see if that allows for this but if I recall it just allows the already completed runs to show on both systems and does not allow for these set runs with intervals or fartlek type runs to be performed with just the watch providing the alerts

Ryan

Best Answer

Hello there @RyanCKennedy, thank you for clarify that you would like to see pre-loaded run workouts and please accept my apologies for my absence after our last interaction.

In this case you are correct about Strava; it will work with your Fitbit account, but It will not integrate in the way you are looking for.

In the other hand, it sounds like a cool feature to me. So I would like to invite you to share your feedback in our Feature Suggestion board. I tried to look a similar suggestion, but none of them portrayed your feedback. So take a moment to share your comments there. Our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our users need and want. 

See you around and stay awesome!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where are the running apps that you can configure and use to train? 

Best Answer

if someone find where are these apps, please tell me!!!

Best Answer