Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Strava not connecting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit blaze won't connect to my starva account. I've tried connecting on both my iPhone 7 and on the computer using this link https://strava.fitbit.com/ but I just keep getting the error 

{"statusCode":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","message":"An internal server error occurred"}

I've read previous posts regarding fitbit and starva having issues and have removed access and tried again but still no luck. My blaze is syncing fine to my phone and the fitbit app. 

Can anyone help please? 🙂 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi there @Becky56, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues getting your Fitbit and your Strava accounts to connect. Thanks a lot for what you've already tried to get it to work!

I was doing some research but it doesn't appear that this is an ongoing known problem. At this point, I would recommend getting in touch with Strava to see if they have any known issues on their end to complete this process.

If you get any update from them, I'd appreciate if you can please let us know!

PS. I'm moving your post to the Third Party integrations for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 3 is reporting to Strava using the hike exercise shortcut, but 2/9 days did not successfully report to Strava for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a known issue in the integration. You can work around it by making sure you always allow access to your Fitbit profile when asked during the authorisation flow (check the profile checkbox). 

Best Answer

Hello @MarnieJean and @raduenoiu.

As @raduenoiu mentioned, this is a known situation with the integration. At this moment we do not have immediate updates on the situation.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Perhaps a topic in there will pique your interest.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following the strava app update on 20 November it is now taking hours in to next day to get a sync from Fitbit to strava. I can’t keep unlinking and linking apps, this seems much more hassle than required for this. Was a previous issue for me for a while and I stopped using both Fitbit and strava because of it. Any way this can be resolved. 

Best Answer

Syncing with Strava seems to have stopped for me 2 days ago for no apparent reason.

Best Answer

Hello @Markow and @calatibo.

@calatibo thanks for sharing that information with us. To better understand the situation, after you relink the accounts, does the syncing go through normally for a bit or does it continue to take that long? Also, have you tried reaching out to Strava? Given that it started after the update it could be related to the version they released.

@Markow, Did you try to unlink the apps and then relink them as mentioned above? If not, please do so as it should help.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help out with.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Ionic. I've also tried disconnecting and reconnecting. Both apps are up to date. This seems to happen every few months and I'm finding it tiresome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Msmolly27.

Thanks for trying the steps that have been recommended and letting us know that it didn't work.

In that case I'd recommend getting in touch with Strava. Since these integrations are developed by our third parties, they should be able to help you fix this.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is different each time. Today it took 2 hours, Saturday took closer to 9 hours. Will check with strava, but pervious threads on their board pointed to issues with Fitbit integration in the past. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unlinking and relinking did the trick for me. Thank you. However, the rides I took between the time it spontaneously stopped working and the unlink/relink did not sync. Definitely an inconvenience ....

Best Answer

Hello @Markow and @calatibo.

@Markow Glad to read that it did work for you. Unfortunately the runs that happened during the time they didn't sync won't cross over. That is the way the integration was integrated.

@calatibo Please do check with Strava and let us know if it starts working.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems to have stopped syncing again. My bike rides from yesterday afternoon, this morning, and this afternoon are not syncing from Strava to Fitbit. (On top of that, my Charge 3 stopped working yesterday, so I'm pretty disappointed with Fitbit right now.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Markow.

Please do try to disconnect the two and connect them again so that it starts working.

As for your Charge 3, what is happening with it? Could you elaborate on what you mean? 

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes