Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit / Strava sych delay issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I ran 2 miles yesterday morning 7am with my versa ,  but it didn't  sych to strava app until later afternoon. 

Just did another 2 miles in this morning 7:30am using Versa - Run - record activity.  Nothing has been sych to Strava yet so far, now is almost 11:00AM.

Please help look into this sych delay issue, i was reading on the other post, they propose to have done revoke permission on both side strave and Fitbit and reconnect back,  I just did, but nothing is helping. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Fitbit-and-Strava-slow-at-syncing/td-p/2043...

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Hello @happykevin! Welcome to the Forums.

Thanks for sharing your experience and for going through those steps.

In this case I'd like to ask if the information synced in the end or not. Since your post is from the 27th I want to know what happened after your post. On that same note, I apologize for the delayed response.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza,

Data has never been sync over to strava automatically afterward. 

I was reading on the other post, their solution to do this manually.

So,

What i did was to export the TCX file from the fitbit side and manually import into the strava. It worked, but this takes time to do it. 

I'll try to run again tomorrow morning using the Fitbit versa again using "expercise-Run".  Let see if the data can sync to Strava automatic or not.  I'll update here later with the result.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit

I'm experiencing the same issues as @happykevin

I've removed and reinstalled all authorisations from both fitbit and strava, but still strava activities are not being sent through to fitbit.  I am having to manually add them.

Has been going on for about a week now, none have auto-updated in this time, even delayed.

Thanks

Patrick

Best Answer

A quick update this morning:

I just done another 2 miles running this morning using Versa - Run to record.

I've done the running around 8:05 am today,  data automatically synched to Strava around 8:20 am, a huge improvement compared to the last 2 activities recorded. 

Best Answer

Uploaded a new ride to Strava 9am this morning.

It's now 1130am and still not on Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @happykevin and @flash_222.

@happykevin thanks for sharing that update. 

@flash_222 Thanks for letting me know. I'll be sharing this with the rest of the team. If I receive some updates I'll be sure to let you know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi,

i have just this week started to have issues with Strava bike rides not synchronising with my Fitbit app. The rides successfully track and save in Strava and until Monday were consistently syncing to Fitbit. Fitbit would usually have an autotradked “outdoor bike” session but this would be deleted by the app over time. The last ride that correctly synced was Tuesday morning, and my last 3 rides (tues pm, wed am, wed pm) have not synced to Fitbit. Nothing I am aware of has changed in that time, and as I write this I have updated to the new android version. Having installed that, the 3 missing sessions are still missing. 

I also have regular, but inconsistent issues with my Fitbit app not successfully saving manually tracked walks - I will end the exercise and be presented with a white screen where a map should be. Sometimes the map appears, often it doesn’t. Last night I tracked a walk back from an exercise class and all it’s saved is an auto saved exercise, as if I never set off the tracking in the first place. This issue has gone on for a year now without resolution. Admittedly it’s nothing to do with Strava integration but it’s another issue with the app in this instance.

Any advice you you can give will be appreciated. I’m running an Alta HR through a Samsung Galaxy S6, Fitbit v.2.76. Strava is on the latest version.

Best Answer

Hello @CircusofJoJo.

There was an issue with slow uploads from Strava that was resolved on Wednesday. I'd recommend that you try to disconnect the two apps and then connect them again. That should help so that this doesn't happen from this point forward.

As for the walks tracked by the app, our team is aware of this issue. While we do not have any news on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know the moment we have some news on the matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Lanuza,

I disconnected and reconnected the two apps yesterday afternoon, and while
a successfully tracked walk made its way across to Strava this morning
(Friday AM), neither of the cycle rides that Strava tracked last night
(Thursday ~20:00 and ~23:00) made their way across to Fitbit. I will go
through the disconnect and reconnect process again today and will try it
out again over the weekend.

Thanks also for the reassurance on the walk tracking issue - it's
frustrating in the frequency it occurs so I look forward to a fix!

Thanks 🙂
Best Answer

Hello  @CircusofJoJo.

Thanks for letting me know that it worked.

It is important to note that if Strava starts working, it will not retroactively sync activities in the past to your account. I will work from that point on, but not with walks that were already on your Fitbit account before the latest connection. That is probably what is going.

Having said that you could export your GPS data and then manually upload it to Strava to make sure that those activities are also showing up in there.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

(Edit: sorry, I noticed the screenshots didn't add in. Visualise a list of 3 "outdoor bike", 1 autotracked walk, and 1 walk with a GPS map, and one image of a blank screen where all the exercise details should be)

Hi Lazuna,

I disconnected and reconnected the apps again this evening prior to some
cycling. I have seen no change in the issue- I tracked the rides in Strava
and they worked just fine in the app, but in Fitbit I have 3 outdoor bike
sessions where the tracked cycling should have transferred across. I think
one ride will automatically delete as I have two showing with a 19:30
start, and one of them is blank when I click on it. Here is what I
currently have:

The second of three rides is just a blank page; from experience these
self-delete:

In short, walks will synchronise from fitbit to Strava when they track
successfully and don't lose the GPS data (this happens 50% of the time,
most recent example of a fail is the 63 min walk in the screenshot above),
but cycling will not synchronise from Strava to fitbit. Im glad the walks
are synchronizing again (when tracking works), but it looks like the fix
hasn't worked just yet.

🤞

Best Answer

Hi @LanuzaFitbit

I also disconnected / reconnected everything from both apps, and a ride i did on Sunday morning on Strava didn't sync across to fitbit.

Getting tired of having to manually add everything!!

thanks

Patrick

Best Answer

Hello @flash_222 and @CircusofJoJo.

Thanks for sharing all of that.

In this case I'd try getting in touch with Strava directly to check if something is going on on their end since it is mostly the tracking done on Strava that is not crossing over.

Please do keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Best Answer

Thanks @LanuzaFitbit sounds like a plan

Cheers for helping

Patrick

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @flash_222.

You're very welcome. Please keep me posted on how it goes, I'd like to keep an eye on this situation.

Also, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards if you have the time. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

If there are any further questions feel free to let me know. 

Best Answer

quick update:

Just did 2 miles running this morning around 8:40, it sych to strava around 9:10.  so It's getting better now. 

Best Answer

Hi Lanuza,

Just to update you, the synchronisation of cycling from Strava to Fitbit is still not working at all. I submitted a ticket with Strava last week to see what they will do - will keep you all posted in this thread. The Fitbit walks synchronise to Strava eventually, but do often take 30+ mins - though I'm not bothered about the delay since it is at least working!

Thanks.

Best Answer

Hello @happykevin and @CircusofJoJo.

Thanks for the update both of you. 

@happykevin Glad to read that it is getting better now.

@CircusofJoJo Definitely interested in reading what they tell you. Be sure to keep us all posted.

If there are any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. Runs uploaded to Strava do not sync over to Fitbit at all for me. It's very frustrating. I've disconnected and reconnected through both Strava and Fitbit but it simply doesn't work. 

Best Answer