Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit connect to Omron Connect app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I think it's about time that Fitbit was able to connect to the Omron Connect app so that it can share blood pressure data. How about Fitbit making some enquiries to do so, surely it couldn't be that difficult or expensive to add this feature?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@Brad.Ackers - It’s up to any third party app to make their app connect to or work with Fitbit. Have you contacted Omron’s customer service to let them know you would like to integrate their data info to Fitbit? You could also make your request in the Feature Suggestion forum. I noticed there are two requests there already but they are old and did not garner much interest. You could vote for them or start a new conversation. That forum is where others can vote for your suggestion. Developers keep an eye on suggestions there. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner integration by third parties is not possible as Fitbit doesn't make available the endpoint in it's webapi.

For the same reason @YojanaFitbit gave the wrong explanation when she closed the first of the 2 suggestions you linked.

Best Answer

Both blood pressure and weight.  I've used an Omron BP monitor for many years and I recently bought a dandy Omron digital scale.  Would sure like to have the two apps share data.

Best Answer

I have to track my blood pressure daily because my blood pressure is so low that it can drop down to 84/56.  My heart rate has been as low as 32.  I am an athlete and purchased the Sense to keep track of my heart rate.  I would like to see it synch up with Omron so I can share all of it with my doctor's office during visits.

Best Answer

Just spoke with OMRON and the representative was polite, friendly and professional. Walked me through where to find the link on my app IF FitBit granted access to OMRON.  I had found that link on the app but at least confirmed it was not me not knowing how to do it. The represented tried to see if could find a way under managing  that 3rd Party apps but no backdoor way either. Additionally they pulled up the FitBit customer service number and provided it if I wanted to check with FitBit.  Called FitBit and the short answer is NO - they do not share info or link to OMRON. I spoke with one FitBit representative who attempted to say it was on OMRON but when asked how logically they could do that without FitBit granting permission and access?At that point they had to ask a supervisor and came back with no FitBit does not allow OMRON to link. 🤔 

Best Answer

Short answer not happening. FitBit does not link to OMRON. Spoke to OMRON and to FitBit. From what I can tell and from the answer I got from FitBit regarding the issue it is more on the FitBit side.  

Best Answer

Well then, that's just crappy and unprofessional of Fitbit. Chalk up another customer problem issue for the company.

Best Answer

Been thinking about switching to Apple especially since I read Fitbit will be joining up with Google and we’ll lose some stuff. 

Best Answer

Likewise and I’ll be returning the Fitbit I just purchased. Given we live in a digital age where sharing information benefits the customer it seems very shortsighted for Fitbit to take this stance. I wish I’d known earlier but better late than never. 

Best Answer
0 Votes