Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit isn't syncing with Runkeeper

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just upgraded to the Charge 3 from the HR. Step count seems higher than it should be, I have already added my stride length and played with that too. No calculations are done when I am on a stationary device, (bike, step climber).

My workouts are not very long, but in order to keep track I have begun taking pics of the workout summary screen and loading into my RunKeeper account. This feels like it is defeating the purpose of having upgraded. A major bonus for the purchase was the ability to have multiple activities tracked. 
Could I be missing something?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

A warm welcome to the Community @erintony.

I just wanted to let you know that I have moved your post from the Charge 3 board to the Third-Party Integrations board, since I think that here you will be able to see more related topics about other apps.

Now about your issue, if your Fitbit account isn't syncing with your RunKeeper account, I recommend revoking access by doing the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon.
  2. Scroll down and tap or click Manage Data > Manage 3rd Party Apps.
  3. Log in to your Fitbit account.
  4. Tap Revoke Access to disconnect an app from your Fitbit account. 

After revoking the access, pair these accounts again by doing the following:

1. Log in to your account on the app or website of a company that offers Fitbit integration, such as MyFitnessPal, Endomondo, or Runkeeper.
  2. Find the section for connecting another account. This section is often called "Apps" or "Connect."
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions and log in to your Fitbit account when prompted.

About the step count issue, for tips about improving accuracy, I recommend checking the help article How accurate are Fitbit devices?. Factors such as device placement, dominant or non-dominant hand, and stride length affect the number of steps recorded.

If it still seems like your device is undercounting or overcounting steps, try the following:

1. Put your device on your wrist.

2. Walk 100 steps, making sure to count a step each time one of your feet hits the ground.

3. Pause, then check your device to see your step count.

Let me know the outcome. 😊

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Those steps did not work for my Charge 2. I can't get my hear rate data to transfer.

Best Answer
0 Votes