Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit no longer syncing activities to Runkeeper

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since yesterday I've been unable to sync activities from Fitbit to Runkeeper. It's worked fine for over a year but now it's just stopped. Steps and calories are synced, but not activites....which is kind of the whole point with the integration to Runkeeper in my case.

I've tried to disconnect and reconnect the Fitbit app in my Runkeeper dashboard but it doesn't help.

Anyone else with this problem?

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

same problem...

last run on 28 Jul was properly sync-ed over to Runkeeper. today's (31 Jul) run wasn't...

Best Answer
0 Votes

had the same problem until today - it magically started working again after i had to manually add to runkeeper since it was part of a training plan.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ToniNeary wrote:

had the same problem until today - it magically started working again after i had to manually add to runkeeper since it was part of a training plan.

do you mean that you manually exported the run (that did not sync) from Fitbit and imported into Runkeeper, and after that, all your subsequent runs started sync-ing automatically as per normal?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No - I manually entered the run that had recorded on my fitbit into runkeeper.  Then within a few minutes I saw my run with runkeeper...then it appeared for a second time and I had to delete one occurrence so my calories were correct.

But generally - I run tracking on my fitbit on the treadmill, then it syncs to runkeeper and adds into LoseIt for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ToniNeary wrote:

No - I manually entered the run that had recorded on my fitbit into runkeeper.  Then within a few minutes I saw my run with runkeeper...then it appeared for a second time and I had to delete one occurrence so my calories were correct.

Thanks!

didn't work for me though... after manually entering the activity (that didn't sync)... the original one in Fitbit still didn't sync over... 😕

hope this gets solved soon...

Best Answer
0 Votes

anyone from Fitbit? any solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've emailed Fitbit support separately but no response yet.

Best Answer

Fitbit replied now that I should try disconnecting and reconnecting my Runkeeper and Fitbit accounts (which I've already tried several times). 

So it seems they have no idea about this. 

I would encourage everyone else with this issue to contact Fitbit support directly. I've told them that others have reported the same issue here on this message board, but contacting them directly might carry more weight. 

Best Answer

Same issue here. Stopped working right after I updated Fitbit. The response is always the same and rarely works ...reconnect, reinstall, etc. I’ll just use a different run tracker till it’s resolved. 😒

Best Answer

Yeah, I'm seriously considering changing to a different brand, there have been so many issues with both app and device...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit stopped syncing non GPS activities to Runkeeper in April 2019. It used to send over my bootcamp, treadmill, and elliptical activities. I was wearing the Ionic. Now only GPS runs are synced to RunKeeper. I wear a Charge 3 now. I've done all the things suggested but nothing has worked. So frustrating. I even tried Strava but same situation. I'm ready to ditch Fitbit and try something else.

Best Answer

I have the same problem: my activities aren't being imported to Runkeeper.

I've tried to revoke access and link my account again and it haven't solved the problem.

My Runkeeper account still imports data like daily steps and calories burned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I´m having the same problem, and I have tried everything I can find to fix it but nothing helps, very annoying 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. My FitBit runs do not show up in RunKeeper. It looks like there was a Runkeeper update 5 days ago.

I’ve reinstalled both apps on my iPhone l, revoked access re-enabled access etc. before I found this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. I would like you to confirm that you have unlinked both accounts by doing the following: 

- Go to your online Dashboard 

- Click on settings > Applications 

- Then find Runkeeper and click on revoke access 

Remember that Fitbit will sync calories and sleep to Runkeeper but no activities. 

Keep me posted. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Everything appears to be fixed and working for me now.

Toni
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know that's working for you now @ToniNeary. Hope you can continue enjoying the forums. 

Have you checked our Discussions Board? You can post tips about Get Moving, Eat Well and Manage WeightRobot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Based on your post my question now is: when did activities stop syncing and why? I have used my Ionic since it first came out and it always pushed by bootcamp and spin class data to my RunKeeper. It stopped doing that in April. What changed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @BelindaParsons

I appreciate the extra details mentioned. The information that's going to sync between Fitbit and Runkeeper hasn't changed. However, since we have a open API this can be why activities were transferring. You can learn more about it by checking this post: Third Party Apps - FAQ.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes