Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing with Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  • Is anyone else having problems with their activities transfering to Strava? Both my wife's and my activities data isn't moving to Strava. We have done all the removal and adding the apps. Nothing seems to work. 
  • Cheers for any advice.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

@Carbs280 important question: do you use GPS? Only GPS activities (although, not all) sync to Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am selecting a run on my Sense and then waiting for it to connect to GPS before starting the run. 

It just seems to have stopped transfering the data to Strava.

Cheers

Paul

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Carbs280 I see more and more people starting to have this issue. I won't be much help here as it's working for me so I don't have more ideas about troubleshooting. Sorry 😕 I have seen in another post here that Strava, when contacted, said there is nothing coming from the Fitbit side which means Fitbit isn't pushing the data into Strava. If it's on Fitbit's side then not much can be done. IMO, Fitbit tests the patience of users with everything and for this problem, I don't expect an exception either 🙄

Best Answer

I’ve been having the same issue for a couple weeks with Fitbit not pushing to Strava… any luck?

Best Answer

Same here! 😞  It used to work seamlessly, but I haven't had an automatic push to Strava in several weeks (since about 10 Nov, I think).  It is very frustrating, taking the fun out of both fitbit and strava if I have to do this manually, typically several days later the next time I'm quietly sitting at a computer.

There are some troubleshooting steps at this link, but it doesn't help me.  Other than as a reminder how to download from fitbit and manually upload to strava.

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918087-Fitbit-and-Strava

Best Answer

Same for me with my Luxe. Hasn't worked for about a month. Strava says that it is linked to Fitbit and I have reinstalled Fitbit and reconnected several times but it is still not working automatically. This and the lack of Zwift integrations may finally convince me that Fitbit is not the device I need. 

Best Answer
Sorry to hear you have the same issues! Super frustrating… I may
reconsider an Apple Watch or Garmin.
Best Answer

In Nov, an update from FitBit broke the Strava data sync for many users (judging by all the posts here). Many people report this, and said they have tried to revoke and re-instate access for Strava to get FitBit data, and follow all the steps.

A solution that FINALLY worked for me - create a new FitBit account. In the FitBit app, logout, then login again with a new login. Note if you use gmail, you can create a new email address that is just an alias of your regular address by adding a + sign, e.g. myemail+fitbit at gmail.com 

Once you login with a new account on FitBit, follow the basic setup procedures and connect to Strava. 

This finally solved the issue for me - whereas 10 phone calls over 3 months was no help at all.

Best Answer

create a new fitbit account, and then connect it to Strava, details in another reply here. Its been broken since FitBit's Nov update. 

Best Answer

to fix it, logout of fitbit app, create a new login for fitbit, and then follow all the strava connection steps. this was the only fix for me after fitbit's nov update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

try creating a new fitbit account - logout of the fitbit app, login with a new email address (if using gmail you can create an alias by using a + sign, e.g. myusername+fitbit at gmail.com), then follow all the steps to connect strava. it took me 3 months of pain to figure this out, but it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Won't I lose all my historic data if I create a new account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RGFrankfurt yes you will. New Fitbit account, new Fitbit data.

Best Answer

Same issue here with Sense. Used to work, but stopped working sometime at the end of last year.

Works occasionally now, but mostly not.

Best Answer
0 Votes