Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit says 10.14 Strava 9.91

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm trying to run a 10km distance to track my progress and my Fitbit says 10.14 but the Strava lists the run as 9.91. When I look at my splits it is in fact 9x1km and 1x0.91km.

So which is the correct distance? The splits distance or the total distance, it makes it very hard to use the Fitbit to track distance when the giant display says: 10.14km. This comes from my furious feeling knowing I just set my pr in 10km on Strava but it's not been recorded as 10km 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @randmcnally  What you describe is very curious. Of course the splits should be added op equal to the total. I've checked at my data and can find some totals that are 0,01 off. Which of cours is also not correct. But a difference of 0,23 km should not be the case.

I've made a study about tracking distances. First of all, all tracking is incorrect. Because the GPS is incorrect in itself. I've made a comparison with fitbit, Strava, Runkeeper and Google Maps. And I made my own tracker Marathon !. All 5 give different numbers. I think Google maps is the most accurate, because it's a map. A difference of 3% is acceptable. So you better run 10,3 km to make sure you have the whole 10 km. 

But try the same route + 100 meters and see if there's a difference.

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer
0 Votes