Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit tracked activity not displaying on MFP

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I track my cardio use, etc elliptical, treadmill. It doesn't transfer to MFP. The calories get added to my steps.. Any clue on how I can see what exercises I did via

MFP? 

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@RyanJG -- I don't think you can; that is just how it works between fitbit and MFP.  The details for exercises entered on fitbit stay on fitbit, and just an entry for fitbit steps and calories is synched to MFP.  And the details of the food entries you enter on MFP are not synced over fitbit, just calories summaries by meal and the daily calorie total + macro-nutrient breakdown.  

FYI, I believe MFP treats fitbit as what it calls a "Total Daily Calorie" partner because fitbit tracks calculates your calorie burn for a whole day, not just for an individual workout like MFP might get from a running or biking app.  I found this article on the MFP site.

Hope that is helpful.

(Note - I moved this thread to the "Third-Party Integrations" forum where other MFP users are more likely to see it).

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. Yeah what you said makes sense. I thought I heard it could be completed with the individual exercises being tracked through my Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pity.  If you use a Garmin, the actual activity shows up in My Fitness Pal.  If you track your meals in Lose It! Instead of My Fitness Pal, the foods show up in the Fitbit app, but Lose It! Doesn’t track activity.  Can’t we get apps that do it all?

Best Answer
0 Votes