Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit vs MFP extra calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What one do I believe?
MFP tells me I earned an extra 300 calories from a walk I input today
Fitbit tells MFP that I earned an extra 1,300 calories today

Which one of them do i believe? If I believe MFP but the fitbit is correct, I'm under eating an extra 1,000 calories, combined with the 1,000 from wanting to lose 2lbs a week means I'm under eating 2,000 in total and i'll loose too much too quickly (which has to be super unhealthy)

But, if I believe the fitbit and I eat that extra 1,000 calories but MFP is correct that means my under eating is now 0 and i won't lose anything

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @Mishto.

It would depend exactly on the moment that you are checking it on. Keep in mind that something are not updated live on both ends, you can read more about it in here

I hope this clarifies the situation a bit.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what I'm having a problem with, after putting in all my excercise for the day, fitbit adds more to it and gives me extra calories to use to eat more food with.

what am i meant to do, before fitbit does it stuff, MFP told me I had an extra 457 calories

After Fitbit does it stuff, MFP tells me I now have a extra 1,421 calories

Which one is accurate, its almost exactly an extra 1,000 calories, if Fitbit is incorrect i'm going to over eat and wont lose any weight
If fitbit is correct and i don't eat another 1,000 calories, I will be under eating by 2,000 (the 1,000 from only eating 1,500 instead of 2,500 and another 1,000 that fitbit is telling me i need to eat)

I guess what im asking is do i believe what the fitbit tells me and eat that extra 1,000 calories

LessThan3Chips - Thug.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mishto.

Thanks for sharing that picture and that clarification.

It is possible that the difference in estimates is being caused because of the way both apps track how many calories you actually burn from activities and your BMR. In this case I'd recommend that you stick with the Fitbit details as it is the one that is tracking your movement through the day.

Hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes